Upgrading from Kontakt 4 to Kontakt 5

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

Silent

Upgrading from Kontakt 4 to Kontakt 5

Postby Silent » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:21 am

Hi,

I will upgrade my Native Instruments Komplete 7 to the new Version Komplete 9. Inside this package I will change from Kontakt 4 and its library to Kontakt 5 with the new Library.

I programmed nearly 70 scenes with different Songs and 6 Kontakt Instances and various other plugins, for example FM8 or Absynth or Reactor.

Are there any suggestions, what I have to do at the upgrade-process to avoid loosing all my programmed scenes with the assigned sounds??

Is there an easy way to upgrade without loosing all this work??

With regards

Silent

Burtan

Re: Upgrading from Kontakt 4 to Kontakt 5

Postby Burtan » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:10 pm

You can copy a module with a new plugin inside. Just right click the module which should be copied.

Silent

Postby Silent » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:57 am

Thank You, Burtan.

I tried out the procedure last evening and it worked well!

Some hint for all people with the same thing to do:

I have read somewhere in this forum, that forte often crashes while copying a module. This happend very often last evening to me, too.

BUT THERE IS A SOLUTION FOR THIS PROBLEM:

It depends on "less memmory" in RAM! You only have to turne "virtuell memmory"on and then restart the pc. After that there have been no crahes while the whole procedure. (Hint: My PC has 8GB RAM and I normaly turne virtuell memmory of, but this procedure needs really a lot of memmory, more then 8 GB!!!!)

I had to copy 6 modules from Kontakt 4 to Kontakt 5 in over 100 scenes!

So: Mike, could you please post this hint to the other posts, where this problem (crashes while copying modules) is mentioned???? I can´t find this posts.... ;-)

Regards and : VERY GOOD JOB, MIKE! :D

Silent

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:51 pm

----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

Return to “Plugin Issues”