FL Studio 11 and Forte 3 64bit together

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

RY1

FL Studio 11 and Forte 3 64bit together

Postby RY1 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:59 am

Is anyone using FL Studio 11 and Forte 3 64bit together?

As in , using Forte 3 with Fl Studio 11 as a VST plugin?
Is FL Studio 64bit or do you have to use jBridge? ....

It's still 32bit; jBridge is needed.

If so, Is it stable using both this way to run audio tracks?

If so,
How do I accomplish this??

Any help very much appreciated.
Last edited by RY1 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RY1

Re: FL Studio 11 and Forte 3 64bit together

Postby RY1 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:49 pm

:wink:
Looks like a pretty popular combo.

;)

DarkKman

Postby DarkKman » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:21 am

Hehe - so it seems...! :D

As it happens I'm thinking of trying out this combo as quite like the look of the new "Performance Mode" of FL Studio 11. I'm thinking it will give a nice option (alongside Stylus RMX Live Mode) for... Live Performance (funnily enough) ;)

Shame its 32 bit... Might splash out anyway (hope the demo includes VST version)!

RY1

Postby RY1 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:51 am

DarkKman

Postby DarkKman » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:23 am

Good news about the 64bit FL Studio... :)

As for Stylus RMS Live Mode, I'm afraid I was getting my product terminology slightly mixed up (Live Mode is within Omnisphere). However I use Stylus RMX in live performance (hence why I call it live mode). This involves;

a.) setting up a "Suite" of all the loops you want to use (this allows you to create your own ‘bank’ of loops - Video Guide here ->

b) setting the "Suite" with MIDI Mode as “Groove Menu” (this allows you to play each loop from a keyboard/pads) – Video Guide about MIDI Modes here ->

I use an Axiom 61 Controller keyboard which has a set of 8 assignable MIDI Trigger pads. I use these pads to trigger RMX. I have each of these pads configured to output from C3 (MIDI note 60) chromatically upto C4 (MIDI Note 68) and all assigned to MIDI Channel 8 (I play other VSTi’s with the keyboard which outputs on Channel 1). I also have the pads set to MIDI Latch (this means I can tap the pad, the loop will play until I tap it again – means I’m not holding down loads of keys with loads of loops). I then load up my custom RMX suite on track/channel 8 within RMX (as this corresponds to MIDI Channel 8 in RMX) and hey presto I have a set of upto 8 loops which I can trigger live via the Axiom pads...

Also, as a point of potential interest, as the Axiom 61 Trigger pads have no indicator as to whether they are on/off, I have created my own little PureData app which lights up when a pad is latched... Just gives me a guide as to what’s playing. I can upload it and link to it if anyone’s interested... It just means you need a Virtual MIDI Port (LoopBe1, MIDIYoke) and use this MIDI port as your input to Forte (the PureData app routes the MIDI from the controller to the Virtual MIDI port)

I’ve probably waffled off topic here but hope that somewhere here I have answered your question... Let me know if not and I’ll do my best to keep it concise ;)

Dirk Offringa

Postby Dirk Offringa » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:49 am

Very cool thread so far! Keep the good things coming....

Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

RY1

Postby RY1 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:30 am

Thanks Darkman; very helpful info.

Dirk---Thank You for your post on the Blue Cat Remote Control software.
I think this is just what I need to set up. I am in a similar situation although not nearly as in depth as yours; full band and adding VSTs and such as I build the rack in Forte 3 x64.
I just went and got BC Remote.

I need to set up percussion tracks to be able to trigger and mix levels and fx along with my own keyboard piano-organ/synth sounds and samples along with multiple keyboard splits etc.
RMX is appealing to me for the percussion tracks.
I need some audio tracks as well for intros and such. Hence my interest in FL Studio 11 (x64).
I need to keep everything 64 bit. I have tons of RAM and need to utilize it.
(big Kontakt 5 libraries).

I have as the keyboard controller the Novation Impulse 61 and an APC40.

I'm not very good at this stuff and your input is very helpful indeed.
Starting to build my Forte rack today from scratch. oi. A daunting task. I know my way around Forte a bit as I use to use it several years ago.
Going to try and implement BC Remote.

Cheers!

DarkKman

Postby DarkKman » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:39 pm

I have to say I love using Stylus RMX - mainly because of the Midi Mode: Groove Menu along with triggering loops on next beat/bar/16th - makes improvising live a lot more fun and creative when writing/rehearsing new material for live (and recording)... You can do similar within Kontakt using the scripts but the Chaos features in RMX also allow for some randomisation (as the loops are all really "chops"/individual slices [.rx2 files]) so you can keep the loops really tight with everything else playing and tweak the patterns as you play.

I'm using EnergyXT to play backing tracks also - mostly ambient sounds and some percussion/drums and sequenced bass - but its still only 32bit. Not a huge issue - I've never run into any problems yet but would, as you say in your OP, rather make use of all the RAM. You'll find quite a few folks here use eXT for backing too.

So I'll be trying out the demo of FL Studio over the next few weeks to see how I get on.

In the meantime I've set up a "Dropbox" with my little PureData app I mentioned in my post above which I use to see which trigger pad on my Axiom 61 is active at any time - its fairly simple and should be quite easy for anyone to change the MIDI Channel and/or MIDI Notes it responds to. Hopefully I'm not breaking any T&Cs of the forum by doing this - if so I'll take the link down right away...

Obviously you'll need PureData to run it - its free and quite a useful little tool for MIDI/Audio...

Admins/Moderators: If the above isn't aloud just reply/PM me and I'll remove the link.

RY1

Postby RY1 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:27 pm

Cool. Thanks !

DarkKman

Postby DarkKman » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:26 pm

Well I downloaded the demo of FL Studio and it seems to be fine in Forte 3 32bit (the demo only seems to be 32 bit VST version) - the usual GUI issues when jBridged in Forte 64bit. I have to admit that I couldn't instinctively work out how to load audio to run as backing tracks (still see the same kinda interface I remember from 1999 and couldn't see a way to import audio) and don't have time to investigate too much right now - but if you're comfortable with using FL Studio I see no reason why it wouldn't work (it syncs to Master BPM) to run backing as you're looking for... Its a little higher on the CPU load out the box (no audio running) than say Energy XT...

May have a play around this weekend but seems like it could be a decent match...

Have you actually tried it yourself? Have you had any problems? Are you an FL user anyway?

RY1

Postby RY1 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:57 pm

Return to “Plugin Issues”