Sam!Solo losing audio when rack re-loaded

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

DarkKman

Sam!Solo losing audio when rack re-loaded

Postby DarkKman » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:23 am

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone else has had this issue or knows what might be causing it...

I have some racks which I use Sam!Solo and/or Sam!2.2 to trigger really basic click tracks 1xHi-Cowbell (C3), 1xLo-Cowbell (C#3) this worked fine however I have noticed now that when I reload the rack I either get no audio or just glitches! Even if I reload the samples... nothing. If I delete the instrument then load a new instance of Sam!Solo or Sam!2.2 it works fine.

I simply can't think what is happening here... Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Dirk Offringa

Re: Sam!Solo losing audio when rack re-loaded

Postby Dirk Offringa » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:00 pm

Hmmmm, I seem to remember having had those symptoms in the past, a couple of years ago I mean so it's hard to trace it back. I believe this is due to CC's not being reset, or being set to a wrong value, when reloading the rack, like gate time being set to a wrong value: the sound is loaded and triggered ok but it doen't sound because of the gate being shut. Or something similar. Check it out, I'll follow up if memories come back.

Cheers
Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

DarkKman

Postby DarkKman » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:32 pm

Aha... Thanks for that Dirk - Not sure about how to reset the gate but adjusting the Decay/Sustain (to max - I'm just using click triggers) this remedied the situation. And saving/reloading the scene/rack works fine now. I never changed the Sam settings (ADSR, gate etc) when initially loading the samples - they just played correctly but it works now so all is well in the world again :)

I started using "Shortcircuit" as a temporary replacement (and seems even less CPU!?) which is a very nice/easy to use free sampler so now I'm spoilt for choice again! :D

Dirk Offringa

Postby Dirk Offringa » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:11 pm

Ok, cool, so it was the gate allright. But beware, that's the symptom, not the cause. It'll probably come back until you identify and eliminate the cause, which is probably an (randomly) incoming CC mapped to the gate params, on a port that's not disabled for SAM!Solo (or 2.2). If I recall well in my case it started when I added the drummer's pad's midi to trigger a sampler in forte, and pads generate lots of midi. The corresponding midi port was enabled (by default) for the SAM plugins, and randomly the click dissappeared because some drum hits sent that CC. Took me a while to figure out!!

Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

DarkKman

Postby DarkKman » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:06 pm

Thanks for the heads-up. I only use SAM! (currently) being triggered by eXT so will see what happens when I disable all the other MIDI interfaces (except VMI for eXT) and have a play around and try and see if I can find out the cause (without fixing ADSR settings each time)... Thanks again Dirk :)

Return to “Plugin Issues”