Error message using NI Kontakt 5

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

Matrix

Error message using NI Kontakt 5

Postby Matrix » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:16 am

Hi to all,

did someone has experience with the following error message of Forte3?

"Error: "Kontakt 5" generated an exception when asked for the size of its save data. This rack file may be corrupted if you save. Press OK to save or Cancel to stop."?

I contacted Native Instruments but they said, there is no maximum size of save data for Kontakt 5.

I appreciate all comments!

Cheers,
Matrix

DarkKman

Re: Error message using NI Kontakt 5

Postby DarkKman » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:03 pm

I have had that error when trimming racks before - but to be honest... I just ignored it! :oops:

Burtan

Postby Burtan » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:05 am

I have recently tried Win8 and got this error message regulary. Now I'm back to 7 and it's gone. I have seen it before on 7 too, but it occured very seldom and I also ignored it though^^

rank

Postby rank » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:07 pm

Open Labs Neko (modded)
Forte' 3 64bit (v 3.2.12)
Win 7 x64 | 6 Core Processor | 24 Gigs Ram | Presonus Fire Studio snd-crd
NI Komplete 8 | SyntMaster 2 | Tone 2 Saurus | Omnisphere |

RY1

Postby RY1 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:03 am

DarkKman

Postby DarkKman » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:43 am

I've not seen that Kontakt error for a while - as I said in the post, I just ignored it (i.e. clicked OK).

Before following the above, perhaps maverick, approach;
Important General Note: As with any document/file, if you are opening a rack to edit (rather than just play) I ALWAYS, first thing, immediately, save it as a new version (e.g. LiveRack V1.a). I know that V1 is stable so I don't resave to V2 until I know the rack is working correctly.

Firstly I'm not sure why you need so many instances of Kontakt. I use some fairly hefty libraries (pianos and orchestras). I have them all loaded for each scene, but I use the Scene Command "Auto: Set plugin configuration if it is different from the previous scene" and for each scene and just use the Kontakt Mute, per scene, for those libraries I'm not using - not an efficient use of RAM perhaps but I don't have any issues. Not sure of a better way around this but expect its maybe better than lots of Kontakt instances...!?! Anyone do something more efficient?

There is also the option of using the Kontakt Banks
see
which points to this helpful video:

Could either of these be an option? May/may not help with that error but worthwhile trying out perhaps?

RY1

Postby RY1 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:07 am

Return to “Plugin Issues”