switch from a scene to another very slow

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

steo_berto

switch from a scene to another very slow

Postby steo_berto » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:51 pm

hi guys!

It seems that Forte works on my computer with my M-AUDIO USB MIDISPORT interface!

Nevertheless, I am experiencing a long switching time (5-6 secs) from a scene to another. How can that be? Shouldn't that be immediate?

I am using not very heavy sound, for the moment only Truepianos, but i do not believe that the responsible is the plugin, infact it seems that Forte loads the plugin for the first time when I change the scene.

I explain you what i did:
I add a new module, I open truepianos interface and load the piano that I like. (I do not touch any preset, should I?).
Then I add a new module, always with truepianos but this time I choose another piano sound.
Then I put one module in mute and one other in solo, and I take a picture of the configuration, that creates a first scene.
Then I change the mute/solo configuration, and I take a new picture.

Now when I change from a scene to another (by pressing buttons 1,2 on pc keyboard), in order to change the piano sound, Forte take 5-6 seconds to switch.

Is there anything that I am doing wrong?

Sorry maybe the question seems funny but it is really the first time that I use this program.

Thanks for you help (and sorry for my poor english! :-) )

Burtan

Re: switch from a scene to another very slow

Postby Burtan » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:11 am

There is the option to determine the behaviour of a plugin on scene changes (the most right option in a module). You have to tell Forte not to change any plugin settings on scene change. That should make the scene change almost immediate.

Return to “Plugin Issues”