Trying to setup Rewire and eXT

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

ChristianRad

Trying to setup Rewire and eXT

Postby ChristianRad » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:11 am

Hey everybody,

I want to use eXT 2.6 (already bought) to play backingtracks in forte. I installed eXT 2.6 and also the extra Rewire VST. Rewire VST is available in 32bit only, so I converted it via jBridge to 64bit.

When I now create a new instrument and add the rewire plugin to forte, it says "ReWire not available". Whats wrong? My worry is, that this application is not working under 64bit systems.
If so, is there a work around?

Thanks,
Chris

Dirk Offringa

Re: Trying to setup Rewire and eXT

Postby Dirk Offringa » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:14 pm

If you use eXT to play backingtracks, why don't you use the VST plugin? That's what I do.
Otherwise, I can't help you with the Rewire issue, not being expert in that domain.

Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

ChristianRad

Postby ChristianRad » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:53 pm

Ah, sorry. Didn't know that there is a special VST Plugin for eXT. That works! But: I'm not able to start an imported wav file from the beginning. He starts playing in bar 8 or 9. Pressing the "stop" button doesn't work. Setting the "playmarker" to the beginning of the file doesn't work too...

Dirk Offringa

Postby Dirk Offringa » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:34 am

Try to experiment with the external sync option. I know this can happen. I have set ext to external sync so it imports forte's tempo, but still use midi bindings to the ext transport controls. Forte's transport should remain in stopped state in that case, and your rack file must be saved with forte transport off, If I recall well.

Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

ChristianRad

Postby ChristianRad » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:48 am

I will try that! Thank you!

Return to “Plugin Issues”