Instrument hold over scene change

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

bzbzb1

Instrument hold over scene change

Postby bzbzb1 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:21 am

I'm trying out the demo version and trying to see if this will work for a live musical production. I can't figure out how to have my VST instruments carry over after a scene change. I'd like to be able to hold the final note or have the reverb of that sound continue until I release it or it dies away naturally after I change the scene. I can do this within Kontakt sounds but if I'm using other VST libraries, I don't know how to do this. Can someone please give me some detailed instructions if this is possible? I've looked for over 2 hours and it sounds like it's possible but no instructions are printed anywhere.

Also, if I have some instruments set up, is there anyway to change their volume individually within the scene without changing that instruments volume for all other scenes that might use the same instrument? And what about keyboard splits if I want to limit the range of the instrument for only a few scenes but not all scenes?

MikeG

Re: Instrument hold over scene change

Postby MikeG » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:49 am

Here is a link to a topic in the help file: http://brainspawn.com/documents/forte3h ... mmands.htm

Basically, what you need to do is turn off the "reset options" for the instrument plugin, and you may also need to use Do not set per-Scene plugin configuration data to avoid reconfiguring the plugin during scene change.
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

Return to “Plugin Issues”