Forte 3 crashing

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

maze

Forte 3 crashing

Postby maze » Thu May 10, 2012 4:21 pm

So I had my laptop stolen...and am now redoing everything with a new laptop and Forte 3. I never had a problem before with Forte 2 but i am getting a lot of crashes now as I am setting everything up. It always seems to be because of Kontakt 5 (was using 4 before...only have Scarbee vintage keys in there).

Two other weird and probably unrelated things.. but when I change scenes most of the time a box flashes onscreen for a second... I can not tell what the screen says and it does not do it on all scene changes but i can not figure out what is different for those scenes (never had those flashes before).

also ever since i installed the jbridge, my plugins do not display properly and i have to go to one of the other tabs and then back to the plug in and then it will display. it is a hassle and does it every time I open, minimize and maximize or move it.

Thanks for your help. I've been cruising with my set up for quite a few years now and having a hard time now remembering this all and figuring out how i did it all in the first place
Last edited by maze on Thu May 10, 2012 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MikeG

Re: Forte 3 crashing

Postby MikeG » Mon May 14, 2012 7:27 am

I see several crash reports you submitted that are happening WITHIN Kontakt 5. What operations are happening when the crash happens?

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Mon May 14, 2012 7:32 am

I am about to release build 47 and its available at www.brainspawn.com/go/beta.

It a number of fixes since 42.

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

maze

Postby maze » Tue May 15, 2012 9:40 pm

Thanks Mike, I'll try the new build. Yes, it is definitely Kontakt 5 causing the problem. As I discovered and noted later, it is when changing scenes over MIDI... I can change them no problem from within Forte.

Return to “Plugin Issues”