OP-X Pro II Won't Show GUI (Newbee Q)

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

tytass

OP-X Pro II Won't Show GUI (Newbee Q)

Postby tytass » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:44 pm

Just upgraded to Forte 3, but was by no means an expert with Forte 2 either. In fact, I'm fairly new to all of this. Sorry if this has been posted previously (if so, someone point me that direction and I'll go away quietly).

OP SYSTEM: Windows 7 x64. Created jbridge version of OP-X PRO-II. Works in Sonar and vsthostx64.

I can add instance of OP-X Pro II to Forte 3. However, when I try to open the plugin, forte hangs until a dialog screen displays: Dispatcher opcode 15 failed (OP-x PRO-II/1330663509). When I click OK, the plugin GUI remains blank. If I click on the other tabs (Audio Mix, Prog Map, etc.), they are good. If I click back on [jBridge]OP-x PRO-II tab another dialog appears: Dispatcher opcode 19 failed (OP-x PRO-II/1330663509).

All my other 32 bit plugins work fine. In fact, all my other plugins work fine. I'm guessing it has to to with OP-X registration screen.

Can someone clue me in. Obviously others have gotten it working. Thanks.

MikeG

Re: OP-X Pro II Won't Show GUI (Newbee Q)

Postby MikeG » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:11 am

So this is 64 bit Forte using 32 bit JBridged OPX?
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

DarkKman

Postby DarkKman » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:37 am

Dirk Offringa

Postby Dirk Offringa » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:42 am

One never knows: what happens if you float the plugin's console?

Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

Volker Grosch

Postby Volker Grosch » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:10 pm

Hi tytas,

I also had some issues with OP-X II Pro. First of all I would recommend to activate "Switch to separate GUI mode" in Settings of jBridge (little icon at the bottom of the plugin screen). This solves problems with black screen content. You should have a look if the problems are gone.

Otherwise you can find some more hints on the item in this thread:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

This is not from forte but cantabile forum but some aspects you describe sound very familiar to me.... ;-) Maybe it can be of some help.

Good luck, Volker
hosts: Forte 4, AuxBusFaders, Cubase 8, Cantabile 2, Live9, jBridge
VSTis: u-he, Spectrasonics, NI, GSi, Synthogy, East West, TAL, Adam Szabo, Steinberg...
VSTs: u-he, Voxengo, Fabfilter, Lexicon, TB, PSP, NI, UVI, Waves,...

tytass

Postby tytass » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:46 pm

tytass

Postby tytass » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:36 pm

OK ...

I loaded OP-X PRO-II using VSTHOST (where it works). I clicked on the jBridge icon to access the settings. I enabled:

- prevent main host control when the GUI window is closed
- I am getting a dispatcher opcode 19 error message

Note: the following were already selected:

- audioMasterGetTime hack
- Force whole GUI refresh
- Use legacy integrated mode (v1.2) already selected

Clicked on Edit settings file, closed VSTHOST. Opened Forte. Loaded OP-X. Plugin appeared (dockend and then undocked). GUI appeared immediately, everything worked. jBridge icon present & setting as modified. Closed OP-X Plugin GUI. Reopened OP-X GUI ... back to original problem (delay, Opcode 14, delay, Opcode 19, delay, but this time when I clicked on the OP-X PRO-II tab I got Opcode 14 (after a delay), and when I cleared that, the OP-X GUI reappeared, fully functional, with the jBridge icon).

Played with various jBridge settings (Dirty Close, Legacy deselected, Force whole on/off) and no significant changes ... 1st opening successful, subsequent opening of GUI results in delay/Opcode sequence.

It is at least progress.

tytass

Postby tytass » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:56 pm

Found jbridge settings that overcome the issues I was describing about displaying immediately only in the 1st time!

I enabled Run un existing auxhost. The GUI is now independent and the Plugin setting appear under the Plugin tab. However, OP-X GUI is fully functional 1st and all subsequent reopenings.

Definitely workable like this. But I am curious why I must do this with OP-X when others don't.

Again thanks all ...

pedrosura

Postby pedrosura » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:50 pm

I have the same problem but I have not found a good resolution. Can you tell me which options you have on. This is the only VST that gives me problems on Forte 3

Return to “Plugin Issues”