OP-X II Pro issue in Forte 3

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

Volker Grosch

OP-X II Pro issue in Forte 3

Postby Volker Grosch » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:24 am

Hi,

I just purchased Forte 3.0 and get a strange behavior of my OP-X Pro II. First off all I describe what I do: I call up a preset from the preset list of OP-X and store the scene in forte. This way I create 2 or 3 different scenes. When I now call up the scenes again, I alwas hear the sound that was stored last. I can also see that the OP-X screen doesn`t change. On the other hand: when I change a single parameter on the surface (let`s say pitch) this change is stored and I can observe the knob moving when calling up several scenes (this is the behavior as I expect it).

I checked this in Forte 3 x64 and (as I thought it could be a jBridge issue) in Forte 3 x86 (and then without jBridge of course) with the same result. A cross check with Forte 2 didn`t show this effect. I also checked Forte 3 with other plugins (Sylenth1, DIVA, VB3, FM8 and Minimoog V2) and there also were NO issues, everything fine here.

I should add, that I also had a look on the Scene Command Settings: I tried both: "Yes: Set plugin configuration when changing to this scene" and "Auto: setup plugin configuration if it is different from the previous scene" without an effect on this.

Any ideas, what could cause this problem?

Regards, Volker
hosts: Forte 4, AuxBusFaders, Cubase 8, Cantabile 2, Live9, jBridge
VSTis: u-he, Spectrasonics, NI, GSi, Synthogy, East West, TAL, Adam Szabo, Steinberg...
VSTs: u-he, Voxengo, Fabfilter, Lexicon, TB, PSP, NI, UVI, Waves,...

Dirk Offringa

Re: OP-X II Pro issue in Forte 3

Postby Dirk Offringa » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:48 am

Hi Volcker,

Did you try the tweaks in DeviceCompatibily.xml?

Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

Volker Grosch

Postby Volker Grosch » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:32 am

Hi Dirk.

thanks for the hint. I'll have look on this in the evening.

Kind regards,Volker
VSTis: u-he, Spectrasonics, NI, GSi, Synthogy, East West, TAL, Adam Szabo, Steinberg...

Volker Grosch

Postby Volker Grosch » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:56 am

Hi Dirk, here an update.

Your hint did it! Strange only: There was an entry in the DeviceCompatibily.xml for OP-X (not OP-X II Pro) and I could not find it in the corresponing .xml for Forte 2! So I simply deleted it and it was done. Till now I don`t see any other issues with OP-X (so I don`t really know, what the entry was good for...?). I will report if I observe any other issues.

Thank you

Dirk Offringa

Postby Dirk Offringa » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:56 am

Maybe the entry had a different name, but the CLSID matched, so it was taken into account. One more for the KB!

Dirk

evilantal

Postby evilantal » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:59 am

Hmmm.... this could be related to a fix I introduced for OP-X Player which wasn't recalling patches correctly WITHOUT the DeviceCompatibility.xml fix.
Maybe the entry in DeviceCompatibility.xml could be narrowed down to jus this particular plugin (Name="OP-X Player" or something)
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

tytass

Postby tytass » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:56 am

FWIW I was just having the same problems with OP-X PRO-II.

I added an entry in the DeviceCompatibily.xml (using Word as my editor, though I'm not very XML savvy). Since I didn't know the CLSID, and didn't know where to find it, I thought I'd name the device simply "OP-X" (I don't have any other version of Forte or OP-X installed). If that didn't work, I'd just try others like, "OP-X PRO" etc.).

It's working just fine with "OP-X" as the device name. I can now save an FXB and the entire FXB (exactly as saved) shows when I recall the rack, not just the last used FXP in the default bank.

Thanks all!

Dirk Offringa

Postby Dirk Offringa » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:39 pm

You can find a CLSID for your plugins in plugins.xml.

Dirk

tytass

Postby tytass » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:32 pm

Where does that file reside, because I don't have one in my Program Files > brainspawn > forte 3 Performer Edition folder. The only file I have that's close to the name is PluginVendors.xml. Only I can't seem to read the file. When I open it in Word I get a dialog that reads:

"The document PluginVendors cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents.

Details:
Whitespace in not allowed at this location.

Dirk Offringa

Postby Dirk Offringa » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:51 am

It's in a hidden folder (Windows is a bit paranoiac) but you can access it from within forte, Tools menu, "view .ini files and application data folder"

Open it with notepad.

Dirk

tytass

Postby tytass » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:34 am

Thanks. Hmmm ... I seemed to have glossed over that fact in the manual. Sorry.

plugins64.xml had what I needed.

pedrosura

Postby pedrosura » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:48 pm

I am having the same problem. So, is the solution to erase the OPX entry in the device compatibility file?? I tried that and it did not work. What I have is a bridged version of my OPX PRO II in 64 bit. Dispacher opcode 14 failed (jBridge OPX PRO II/1330663509)

Any ideas??This works great in Forte 2. Forte 3 is giving me this problem. So far the OPX PRO II is the only pluggin that is giving me problems..

pedrosura

Postby pedrosura » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:52 pm

Actually my problem is that it is not loading the plugin correctly. It gives me an error.

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:27 am

What kind of error ?

pedrosura

Postby pedrosura » Wed May 02, 2012 7:17 am

Hi Mike,

Problem solved! Sonic projects sent me an email with the update to version 1.1 but I had to change the link manually to 11 and I had downloaded the previous version. You need version 1.1 otherwise the patches and GUI will not work correctly when Bridge converted them to 64 bit.
I suspected the problem was not with Forte 3 since so many people had it working correctly. Forte 3 is working great so far!

pedrosura

Postby pedrosura » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:28 pm

I just updated to Forte 3.2. I am having OP-X Pro II problems again. It appears that it is on the Forte side. Going back to a previous version and compare. Anybody else??

pedrosura

Postby pedrosura » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:29 pm

I figured out that the old OPX II plugin was being read by Forte not version 1.1. Problem fixed..

John Dumke

Postby John Dumke » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:35 pm

Well that was a *****.... but I finally got Forte to remember OP-X's Bank and Patch.

I deleted the reference to OP-X in the DeviceCompatability.xml file. I had to first figure out how to get windows to allow me to write to this file as is was set to read only.

The following command did work

attrib -r +s "C:\program files\Brainspawn"

Bgober

Postby Bgober » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:26 pm

I am getting the opcode 14 with my OP-X Pro II (version 1.1) plugin jbridged (v 1.6b3) in Forte 3.0 (3.2 18.3078). I've done all the things mentioned in this thread. Nothing seems to work. It only occurs when I switch to one of the tabs like MIDI Routing in the plugin GUI and the switch back to the plugin. It sits there blank for about 30 secs and then gives me the opcode error message. I close that and everything seems to work fine. Any help would be appreciated. I'd love to use this plugin without this annoying issue.

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:22 pm

does this happen without JBridge?
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

Bgober

Postby Bgober » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:40 am

Sorry it took so long for me to reply. The OP-X II is a 32bit plugin. When I use it in Forte 3 32bit without jbridge it works perfect. I wrap it in jbridge 64bit so I can use it in Forte 64bit and this is where the issues start. I can create a jbridge 32bit instance and test that in Forte 3 32bit if you'd like me to. I found the following on the SonicProjects faq site:

Problem: Closing and re-opening the GUI of OP-X PRO-II in bridged mode using JStuff JBridge for bridging sometimes makes the sequencer hang for about 30 seconds and then puts out the error message "Dispatcher opcode 14 failed" or similar.

Solution: The author of JBridge advises to use the "separated GUI mode" option since jBridge's integrated mode doesn't work well with the synth in some situations. To activate this option click on the "Edit" button in the bottom area of the JBridge window frame (just below the GUI) and here check "Switch to separate GUI mode". Now you have to remove and re-instantiate the plugin to make the changes work.

Also some JBridge users say it helps to activate the "Dispatcher 19 error" option within JBridge which is said to eliminate too a lot of other possible issues with other plugins. Activating this option seems to be sort of a secret trick.

This was previously suggested in this thread or some other thread so I'll just follow these instructions. Thanks Mike

Return to “Plugin Issues”