Amplitube seems to crash Forte on scene changes

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

kicksville

Amplitube seems to crash Forte on scene changes

Postby kicksville » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:31 pm

Howdy y'all,

So, I've been having consistent issues with Amplitube 3 crashing Forte. And, I think I've isolated part of the problem, but I'd like to see if anyone else has seen anything like this.

The recipe seems to be: In a multiple-scene file, I can have any parameter of Amplitube change from scene to scene EXCEPT for the amp model. If even one scene has a different amp model than the rest, Forte will crash when cycling through the scene list. I've done stress test after stress test, and it's not consistent as to when it crashes, but it always does. It usually goes down within the first two scene changes (regardless of whether the scene with the amp model change is reached in the scene list), but occasionally it makes it a little farther down the list. Without any amp model changes between scenes, I can beat this plugin into the ground with stress tests and it doesn't crash. Even with radically different speaker cabs, mics choices, FX, etc., Forte/Amplitube doesn't even blink.

I've been able to reproduce this on three different computers: two desktop-based systems and an ADK laptop (all purpose-built DAWs). They're all running WinXP SP3, Forte version 2.2.182015. I just downloaded 2.25 and will install it tonight, but it doesn't look like there are any specific bug fixes since 2.18 that might address this scenario.

Anyone else having these kinds of problems, or is this likely a system-specific issue?

thanks!
Conrad St. Clair

Dirk Offringa

Re: Amplitube seems to crash Forte on scene changes

Postby Dirk Offringa » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:08 am

Hi, I will try to reproduce this when I get a free moment. I use AT3 but don't change amp models: apart from slow UI loading (they have some sort of file-compression going on) I never noted a direct link to AT3 when experiencing problems. I have a feeling though that AT3 might be responsible for the systematically crashing exit of forte, but am not sure about that.

I'll keep you posted.
Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

kicksville

Postby kicksville » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:06 am

Yeah, I've seen the same kind of crashing on exit fairly regularly, but I haven't been able to isolate that to Amplitube. Thanks for looking into this!

Conrad

Tinncupp

Postby Tinncupp » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:14 am

Has this issue been resolved? I'm using RealGuitar 3/LPC3 with Forte 2 and Amplitube 3 and find that I'm getting noises once I try to switch anything and then Forte just crashes. Also, I'm using Scarlett 2x2i which seems to only work in Forte when choosing the WDMS driver (ASIO doesn't seem to work with Scarlett/Forte). I'd be interested to hear if anyone has had this issue and whether or not there is a clear remedy for this issue. Thanks.

Return to “Plugin Issues”