Bugsplat

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

Lucien

Bugsplat

Postby Lucien » Mon May 30, 2011 2:55 pm

Hi,
I use Hypersonic 2 in Forte a long time, recalling the combi with prg. Change (do not use per scene configuration data in scene commands)
With my new laptop Windows 7, after saving a new combi in Hypersonic, it no longer meets the changing scene. It remains on the same combi. And, when I close Forte, I get an error:
“Unable to create the report. Please verify that is enough space in your temp folder”
After, another message:
“Forte has stopped working”, OK.
Now, in the folder: User/Name/AppData/Local/Temp, the file “BUGSPLAT” grows.
I open the Task Manager, I kill “Forte.exe*32” and the bugsplat stops to grow.
In this folder, it is repeated: “Entered unhandled exception filter”
Once he ascended to 1GB !!!!!
What is this Bugsplat ???
Someone has an idea ??
Thanks’
Lucien

Dirk Offringa

Re: Bugsplat

Postby Dirk Offringa » Tue May 31, 2011 4:01 am

Hi Lucien,

Bugsplat is forte's crash report system. That is indeed weird. There seems to be an unhandled exception which crashes forte by forcing it into a loop: forte crashes, writes a report to the bugsplat file, tries to exit, but loops instead and so on. This can only be stopped as you did by forcing termination in the task manager. This doesn't give us any indication on the cause: an "unhandled exception" is by definition unhandled, so we (=>Mike) cannot identify the code that is crashing without a debugger attached. For this to happen, the crash must be reproductible, so if you can reproduce this, please post the exact sequence of actions that triggers the crash.

Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

hisdudeness

Postby hisdudeness » Tue May 31, 2011 10:06 am

I had this issue as well several times and I`m also using Hypersonic. I guess this is Hypersonic related, have had a lot of trouble with that plugin that`s why I`m heading for NI Komplete 7 now.

Best regards
hisdudeness

Dirk Offringa

Postby Dirk Offringa » Tue May 31, 2011 10:44 am

Yes, I didn't want to complicate my reply with that consideration, but I also had to remove HS2 from my setup due to crashes and other issues. It also made my rack untrimmable: crashes were inevitable.

Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

Lucien

Postby Lucien » Tue May 31, 2011 2:18 pm

Thank you Dirk for your clarification of the Bugsplat.
I know there have been many problems with Hypersonic, but I have long been used freely.
Dirk, I've never had a problem to trim Forte with HS2
I built a lot of scene with. This problem was not there before ....
To reproduce the problem is easy:
when I save a new combi, HS2 no longer recognizes the prg change when I switch the scene, and after, when I close Forte, crash and loop of same message in bugsplat.
hisdudeness , NI 7 komplete is very well, but Hypersonic is practical for “small” sounds.
I hope to find a solution to it .. This is the last thing that is wrong with my new config.

Return to “Plugin Issues”