Play 2.1.2 Engine vst folder?

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

MichaelAHS

Play 2.1.2 Engine vst folder?

Postby MichaelAHS » Tue May 24, 2011 4:57 pm

Just bought Forte 2 last night. I have Kontakt 4 working well, but I can't seem to find the correct folder to scan to get Play working so that I can use my EastWest/Quantum Leap sounds. Can anyone direct me to where I might find them? I'm using Windows 7 x64.

Thanks so much!

Volker Grosch

Re: Play 2.1.2 Engine vst folder?

Postby Volker Grosch » Wed May 25, 2011 12:47 am

=> Options => Preferences => Plugin Options => Plugin Manager => VST Scan Folders => Add new VST Folder. Here you can add the path for your East-West Library.

regards, Volker
hosts: Forte 4, AuxBusFaders, Cubase 8, Cantabile 2, Live9, jBridge
VSTis: u-he, Spectrasonics, NI, GSi, Synthogy, East West, TAL, Adam Szabo, Steinberg...
VSTs: u-he, Voxengo, Fabfilter, Lexicon, TB, PSP, NI, UVI, Waves,...

MichaelAHS

Postby MichaelAHS » Wed May 25, 2011 10:16 am

Volker,

Thanks for the reply. I guess I wasn't clear with my question. I know how to scan a folder to get it into Forte, the problem is that I can't find the correct folder. I have gone to Program Files\Common FIles\East West\Vstplugins. I thought this should work. I am realizing now that the only file in there is the play_VST_x64.dll. So, I'm finding that apparently the 64-bit version of play won't work in Forte 2. I am unable to install the 32-bit version of Play because I am using Windows 7 x64.

I just did some searching and found out about jBridge. I downloaded the demo version and it works just fine.

Thanks for your help!

Michael

Volker Grosch

Postby Volker Grosch » Wed May 25, 2011 2:11 pm

Last edited by Volker Grosch on Thu May 26, 2011 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
hosts: Forte 4, AuxBusFaders, Cubase 8, Cantabile 2, Live9, jBridge
VSTis: u-he, Spectrasonics, NI, GSi, Synthogy, East West, TAL, Adam Szabo, Steinberg...
VSTs: u-he, Voxengo, Fabfilter, Lexicon, TB, PSP, NI, UVI, Waves,...

yamus

Postby yamus » Wed May 25, 2011 8:18 pm

Michael,

As Volker said, forte 2 is currently a 32-bit program, and you cannot load a 64-bit VST into a 32-bit host (forte), at least without using a bit-bridge like jbridge. I don't use any Play instruments, but I wonder if you have a 32-bit version of the VST in another directory? Where are your 32-bit VST plugins located? I think the default is often c:\program files (x86)\steinberg\vst or something like that. You might find the 32-bit VST in there... if so, add that directory to forte, rescan, and see if you now have access to the x86 version...

bwp

Postby bwp » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:33 am

I have been using Forte 1.x with Vienna - works great and very stable.
BUT I too cannot seem to get East West Play to appear no matter where I put the .dll in the plugins folder.

Is it possible for Forte2 to open the Play application? (as I am doing with Vienna)

Dirk Offringa

Postby Dirk Offringa » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:16 pm

Hi

What does the plugin manager report? In the "excluded plugin list" you should be able to find some information about the cause of the refusal of the VST. It probably has more than 1 output pair, which is currently not supported in forte 2, but is featured i the upcoming forte 3 release.

Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

bwp

Postby bwp » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:53 pm

I have Forte2 - K3.5, K5 etc. all work great. For some reason I was able to
"add" Play_vst IFF I loaded K3 first. Now Play crashes my system! Must be
the 64bit vs 32bit host issue.

Have others successfully solved this with jBridge? If so, pls advise and I will try that.

bwp

Return to “Plugin Issues”