Omnisphere plugin ignored by forte

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

deo1

Omnisphere plugin ignored by forte

Postby deo1 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:58 pm

Hi all,

New forte user :) . I can not get forte to recognize Omnisphere as a VST instrument. It is on the ignore list.

I have viewed the System Integration page in the Wiki and I have searched this forum as well as others, and no one else seems to have this specific problem, at least with modern versions of forte and the Omnisphere plugin.

I have updated Omnisphere to software version 1.5.1 and am running the newest stable forte 2.x. I have tried to add both 32 bit and 64 bit Omnisphere plugins to forte, with the same problem for each.

I am successfully running all the VSTs in Komplete 6 (Kontakt 4, etc.) so I can't figure out what the problem is.

My OS is Windows 7 64 bit, and I can load Omnisphere just fine in both Cubase 4 and Cubase 6. Any thoughts :( ?

MikeG

Re: Omnisphere plugin ignored by forte

Postby MikeG » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:20 pm

What is the "reason" displayed in the plugin manager for it being sent to the ignore list?
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

deo1

Postby deo1 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:13 pm

There isn't a reason listed, that section is just blank.

deo1

Postby deo1 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:50 pm

As you can see, Omnisphere is listed 3 times, 1 32bit, 1 64bit, and a redundant one. No ignore reason is given.

Volker Grosch

Postby Volker Grosch » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:05 pm

Hi,

the list looks a bit strange to me. Let me fix what I understood:

1) You are running the "normal" (means x86) version of forte 2 (not the beta 3 x64).
2) You installed Omni into the standard folders for Cubase. There are several versions in newer and older Cubase versions.
3) The list you printed in your posting shows the ignore list
4) I see 4 (and not only 3) instances of Omni

A questions: How were these ...32 and ...64 versions created? In my case both versions are simly named Omnisphere.dll. I also use jBridge in my setup (dunno if you also use it - it`s only a suspicion). Here I get versions like: Omnisphere.32.dll. But if you tried to create something like this, a dot is missing.

For me it`s also strange to only see one program folder (in my case there are 2 - one for x86 and one for x64 applications). What I see seems to be x64 (??) paths only (otherwise I would expect something like "C:\Program Files (x86)...". If this would be true, I also would expect only x64 plugs inside (which also would explain why there are lots of Komplete plugs that can be found on the ignore list). Could it be, that forte is only scanning x64 Omni versions? This would probably explain, why you find all of your Omnis on the ignore list.

In this case I would recommend to add a path to the scan list, where you are sure to find a x86 version of your Omni.

good luck and regards, Volker
hosts: Forte 4, AuxBusFaders, Cubase 8, Cantabile 2, Live9, jBridge
VSTis: u-he, Spectrasonics, NI, GSi, Synthogy, East West, TAL, Adam Szabo, Steinberg...
VSTs: u-he, Voxengo, Fabfilter, Lexicon, TB, PSP, NI, UVI, Waves,...

deo1

Postby deo1 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:37 pm

Thanks for your response.

1) Yes, I am running x86 Forte 2
2) Yes, I install all of my plugins in the standard Cubase folders
3) This is the ignore list
4) For cubase 4 I only installed the 64 bit omni. For cubase 6 on the omnisphere software update, I installed both 64 and 32 bit versions (because I wanted it to work with forte 2) and renamed the 32 bit one so that I could easily identify it (they have the same name otherwise).

There is only one program folder because I only have forte 2 looking in the x64 program folder. I installed 64 bit versions of cubase only. However, a 32 bit plugin shouldn't have to be installed in the x86 directory to work, so I can't imagine this is an issue. Just because it's the x64 program folder doesn't mean everything installed here is 64 bit.

tl;dr
forte 2 is scanning 32 and 64 bit versions of omni. 32 bit omni plugin is in the 64 bit program files directory. The paths are correct.

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Mon May 02, 2011 11:22 am

Is there any chance Forte is accidentally hitting the 64 bit Omni?

I've retried here and cannot reproduce this. On 32 bit Win7, Forte 2.2.18 finds omni just fine.

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

deo1

Postby deo1 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:17 am

I solved this problem awhile back by removing all instances of the 64 bit omni dll on my system. Forte 2 was definitely pointing to the 32 bit correctly, but since it was also finding a 64 bit for some reason this blocked the 32 bit from working. Perhaps this is by design, but it seems like not desirable behavior to me. Perhaps something for a developer to look into. thanks.

Return to “Plugin Issues”