kontakt 4 distortion (but not gain related?)

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

GarethHD

kontakt 4 distortion (but not gain related?)

Postby GarethHD » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:47 pm

Hi
I've got a bunch of things to try (from here and elsewhere) but:
Kontakt 4.1 in Forte 2.2 on a windows 7 64bit machine (actually, on two different ones both with m-audio delta 1010s but different motherboards using q8400, 8GB ram)
I'm getting distortion from kontakt sounds, particularly sustained organs. This seems to happen when I play a certain number of voices. The internal gain structure seems to be ok. CPU load in forte reporting as high as 25% but mostly 10-15, kontakt cpu a couple of bars max, system reports nothing much but some big disk activity. Have tried (i) loading 240 kb preload (no difference) (ii) loading kontakt standalone (which mostly gets me two extra notes). Distortion appears not to be related to volume but to number of notes used.
Latency 64ms, ASIO (no internal soundcard on one, internal soundcard on other Motherboard).

Any ideas? I will be making sure I have the latest versions later this morning.

Does 1.6 work in windows 7? or kontakt 3.5 for that matter? Perhaps I should investigate Kontak 4.0.5 (or in fact Kontakt 2?)
thanks
GarethHD

fab

Re: kontakt 4 distortion (but not gain related?)

Postby fab » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:03 am

you seem to have a HDD problem - that's what I get if I stream too many voices or use not small preload buffers. how is your hard disk connected and what kind do you use?

GarethHD

Postby GarethHD » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:04 pm

thats what I thought. Turnsn out to be (subtly and undefinably but demonstrably) corrupted nki files or nkm files.

solved by saving out and carefuilly reassembling the multis in K4

Goro

Postby Goro » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:15 pm

Hi Gareth!

Please could you explain a bit more how you solve this problem? I have the same problem with some kind of digital distortion with Kontakt 4, and 5 also, and I can't realize when and why is it happening. I can only say that I usually used nki patches that I created from my multisamples. Please if you have some information about it, please share it.

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,

Goran

Return to “Plugin Issues”