Got stuck[Solved] Thx 4 help

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

Cyberknight

Got stuck[Solved] Thx 4 help

Postby Cyberknight » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:23 am

Hello,

i´m using Kontakt4,B4II and Pro53 in Forte and it works nice on different midichannels but not if i switch all instruments to channel 1.
I can change my sounds via my midifootcontroller per programmchange+bankselect, it also works through Forte, my
problem is i can´t figure out how to change programm on B4II and Pro53, because they are seperat instruments.I can just change their own internal
banks. The footcontroller is in Stompboxmode
and sends pc 1-5 with crtl 0 and 32, i´m using 1-3 for Kontaktsounds and want to use 4 and 5 for b4II and Pro53.

If i put them all on channel 1 Kontakt works nice(also reacts to the footcontroller) and sends notes off when i change programm but i can´t change to Pro53 or B4,they are always active on channel 1 so their sounds mix all the time with the other instruments, and it´s really annoying to switch midichannels live(thats the only way it works).

Anyone here who knows how to fix this problem ?Changing midichannels live is not that good :(

Sorry for my bad english.

Regards Mike
Last edited by Cyberknight on Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fab

Re: Got stuck looking for help, maybe somebody knows how do it?

Postby fab » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:24 am

you can also change scenes by sending program changes - maybe make scenes with the setup (internal instrument patches, instrument mutes, layers, splits, midi channels, controllers, etc.) you would like for each sound?

Cyberknight

Postby Cyberknight » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:52 pm

I tried to do that, but it takes to long to load the samples, it might be just 2 seconds or something like, but that´s too much during a song.I often use 4-5 voices per Song.A solution might be if is possible to mute and und unmute the instruments one by one in forte per midi.If would just use Kontakt everything would be nice, but i really love the sound of Pro53 and B4II it would be a pity not to use it. If it´s not possible i would have to use my Nord Electro 3, that´s at least far better than those other organstuff :-)

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:39 am

The only vst you are using that loads samples is kontakt. You should configure kontact to not load samples with scenes. Check out the brainspawn YouTube channel for a tutorial video.
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

Cyberknight

Re: Got stuck[Solved] Thx 4 help

Postby Cyberknight » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:55 pm

Managed to do it with the YouTube Tutorial and Scenes combined with instrument mute

MikeG

Re: Got stuck[Solved] Thx 4 help

Postby MikeG » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:24 pm

Good! Thanks for letting us know.

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

Return to “Plugin Issues”