Kontakt-Instrument-Bank problem in Forte 2x

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

Ludwigpiano

Kontakt-Instrument-Bank problem in Forte 2x

Postby Ludwigpiano » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:09 am

I have setup a Kontakt4-instrument-bank with 3 instruments: 2 Pianos and 1 organ. In the instrument-bank there are 3 slots (out of 128 available). Each Slot ist triggered by an
program change command. I want to implement the K4-instrument-bank in forte 2x in such a way that the 3 instruments (or more) appear as Forte-Presets, so that I can change the instruments via program change, especially in live performance.

What i have done in Forte 2 x : I clicked under the tab "Program Map" on the "New"-button --->
under "presets 1" only 1 piano-instrument appeared. The second piano-instrument and the organ
did´nt appear. Consequence: they cannot be triggered via program change by my external midi controller.

Alternative solution : you can setup a separate kontakt4-instance for each k4-instrument. Disadvantage: probably a high ram usage and no simple triggering via pc.

What can i do, to simply trigger different instruments of an Kontakt4-instument-Bank used in forte 2.x as presets by using program change commands or any other way ? The easiest solution for live performance.

Thanks so much "Ludwigpiano"

fab

Re: Kontakt-Instrument-Bank problem in Forte 2x

Postby fab » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:24 am

mike has made a video just for you :wink: -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4nLSJoB9ro

you need to send a program change command from the scene change tab. the program map is for forte's internal presets.

Ludwigpiano

Postby Ludwigpiano » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:52 am

Hallo fab, thanks very much for your so fast answer. I was surprise in such a positive way.
I am a beginner in forte. Mike ´s video ist a good solution for the Kontakt instrument bank problem.

But i have a second question. With native instrument´s B4 II and GSI VB3-Hammond-plugins you
can use the way i described above via the Forte "Program map". Setup some Ni oder GSI-
Hammond-Presets and triggering them with a program change. As far as i have experienced these
2 plugins are unfortunately the only ones which you can handle this easy way. What´s the reason ?

Initially i wanted to use forte without the concept of scenes as i have read in this forum that there
may appear some problems in certain situations. But if it is impossible to use a Kontakt instrument
bank another way than with scenes i will use scenes.

A last question: is it possible to trigger different Kontakt-Samples in a live performance under Windows 7 32 bit with 3 GB RAM or are there generated latency problems unless you use a 64 bit OS with more than 4 GB RAM and a 64 bit Forte-version ?

Thank you very much Ludwigpiano

fab

Postby fab » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:04 am

Ludwigpiano

Postby Ludwigpiano » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:47 pm

Hallo fab, thanks so lot for your quick and qualified answers. It ´s nice to
find such helpful people here in the forum !!!

Return to “Plugin Issues”