Omnisphere + Forte = a good match

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

MikeG

Omnisphere + Forte = a good match

Postby MikeG » Wed May 05, 2010 9:27 am

After all the issues we had with Omnisphere earlier this year, I decided to run the latest version in an overnight stress test.

Forte 2.2 + 4 instances of Omnisphere switching between 2 scenes with lots of MIDI input ran to completion with no issues. Running 4 instances, forces the plugin to be run on multiple threads.

Scene changes are a bit slow because Omnisphere is a "rompler" but it did fine.
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

Amyris

Re: Omnisphere + Forte = a good match

Postby Amyris » Wed May 05, 2010 5:09 pm

Hi there,

I have not tested it yet, but is the problem with the stack mode fixed now? Short reminder: You can use more than one sound simultaniously in Omnisphere by using up to 8 parts (each with different midi channel) in one Omnisphere instance. Now there was a bug within Forte that if you use more than one part simultaniously per scene and then switch scenes, Omnisphere will activate its stack mode and play these sounds together instead of only playing the part on which midi data is coming in.

Please see also this thread for details
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3082

I do not have the possibility to test it right now, so can anybody tell me if this problem still occurs with the latest version of Omnisphere and Forte? This would be great because it would prevent me of the need to use 2-3 instances of Omnisphere (because then one instance would be able to do it all).

Volker Grosch

Postby Volker Grosch » Thu May 06, 2010 12:55 pm

Hi,

not 100% sure, but I did a test with scenes containing multis in stackmode and scenes with single or multiple single patches on different channels and it seems now the problem is fixed. Would be nice if anybody could confirm,

regards, Volker
hosts: Forte 4, AuxBusFaders, Cubase 8, Cantabile 2, Live9, jBridge
VSTis: u-he, Spectrasonics, NI, GSi, Synthogy, East West, TAL, Adam Szabo, Steinberg...
VSTs: u-he, Voxengo, Fabfilter, Lexicon, TB, PSP, NI, UVI, Waves,...

Amyris

Postby Amyris » Thu May 06, 2010 6:01 pm

That would be great because then I would be able to only use one Omnisphere instance instead of 2-3 Omnisphere instances and 2 Athmosphere instances as it is now. And by throwing away Athmosphere I could switch on the "use all CPUs" feature again! :-)

Amyris

Postby Amyris » Sun May 16, 2010 7:27 am

Hi Volker,
tested it these days, too. As you've already said, the bug has now been fixed. I've tested it with Forte version 2.2.6 and Omnisphere version 1.3.2c. Multitimbral mode as well as stacked mode is now correctly recalled in Forte when changing scenes! :-)

Volker Grosch

Postby Volker Grosch » Mon May 17, 2010 3:17 am

Hi Amyris,

good news and thanks for confirmation.
@Mike: thanks for fixing this.

regards, Volker
hosts: Forte 4, AuxBusFaders, Cubase 8, Cantabile 2, Live9, jBridge
VSTis: u-he, Spectrasonics, NI, GSi, Synthogy, East West, TAL, Adam Szabo, Steinberg...
VSTs: u-he, Voxengo, Fabfilter, Lexicon, TB, PSP, NI, UVI, Waves,...

Return to “Plugin Issues”