M-Tron Pro - Problem

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

jonathanwcasey

M-Tron Pro - Problem

Postby jonathanwcasey » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:47 pm

Hello,

Can someone please shed some light on a problem I am having with Forte 2.2.

All plugins load perfectly, except one: M-Tron Pro. Unfortunately, triggering mellotron sounds live is the main reason I bought Forte, so I'm desperate to solve this.

On the Forte wiki, M-Tron Pro is listed as working perfectly, so obviously not everyone encounters this problem. There are no dongles or funny security measures associated with the M-Tron - all that's needed is the serial code printed on the manual.

I can load M-Tron Pro in a scene, but as soon as I try to 'Display Console', a message appears, stating that 'M-Tron Pro can't find your Library folder' (despite the fact that all files are in the default locations suggested during install).
- If I now choose to navigate to the correct Library folder and click OK, Forte crashes and an error report generated.
- If I instead cancel this navigation procedure, a Serial Code entry box is displayed. I enter the Serial Code and M-Tron states that it is validated. The Navigation window reappears, for some reason. If I cancel, the Serial Code box is displayed again. If I navigate to the correct Library folder again - Forte crashes.

My System Details:
PC: Dell Inspiron 1545
Intel Core 2 Duo
RAM 3gigs

- I have sent the error report
- I have re-installed the programs
- I have opened standalone M-Tron Pro, no issues
- I have installed my usual DAW + eLicenser, Cubase 5, and opened M-Tron from there and it recognises the plug-in has been properly validated, no problem.
- I have switched off Data Execution Prevention, in case that was it.

I've not bothered pasting in the relevant section of the Log here, because it doesn't seem to list any problem, even when set at 'Information' level.
Can anyone think of something else to do?
Jonathan

MikeG

Re: M-Tron Pro - Problem

Postby MikeG » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:44 am

Hi Jonathon,

This sounds suspiciously similar to some other problems people have reported where you need to run Forte in administrator mode for the plugin to find it's data (including registration data).

Could you change the Forte icon to run as administrator and see if that helps?

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

jonathanwcasey

Re: M-Tron Pro - Problem

Postby jonathanwcasey » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:44 pm

That's it! Perfect solution, the problem is completely sorted, thank you very much!
Cheers,
Jonathan

Return to “Plugin Issues”