vst-dxi

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

lancaster6

vst-dxi

Postby lancaster6 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:21 pm

is it a bad idea to use vst's and dxi's in the same rack? i recently did this because the dxi version of b4II will recall my saved patches and the vst won't. i also added some vst effects (compressor and EQ), and recently have been experiencing crashes and full audio volume glitches. trying to narrow down the culprit.
thx

Dirk Offringa

Re: vst-dxi

Postby Dirk Offringa » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:45 am

I do that on a regular basis, with no problems so far. But as far as I know, support for DirectX as an audio standard for plugins is being gradually dropped by many vendors (hosts and plugins alike) so it might be a good idea, if you're starting from scratch, to try to avoid DirectX for future compatibility reasons.

Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

lancaster6

Postby lancaster6 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:54 pm

well i removed the effects last night, and no problems. was using pluggo jr. (eq, comp, gate) and camelcrusher.they were bundled with my presonus firestudio.might be a windows 7 64 issue. one of them is causing problems. any advice on stable comp/ eq vsts? and thx 4 the heads up on the dxi's!
L

fab

Postby fab » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:16 pm

freeware:

http://varietyofsound.wordpress.com/vst-effects/

nice payware with unrestricted/unlimited trial versions

http://www.stillwellaudio.com/

lancaster6

Postby lancaster6 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:56 pm

thx fab. installed the eq and ran a stress test. all looks good. stage test tomorrow. tried the compressor, but forte says its not a vst. hopefully won't need it.

Return to “Plugin Issues”