Forte doesn't see Miroslav Philharmonik

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

talito

Forte doesn't see Miroslav Philharmonik

Postby talito » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:56 pm

I cannot figure out how to get Forte 2.0 to recognize Miroslav Philharmonik, which is installed successfully (standalone works fine). I tried removing all folders except the Miroslav folder for scanning, and that doesn't work.

I can see the Philharmonik dll in the appropriate folder, along with a bunch of other VSTs, all of which are working.

I'm using a Windows 7 Toshiba

Help?

MikeG

Re: Forte doesn't see Miroslav Philharmonik

Postby MikeG » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:44 am

What does the Ignored tab in plugin manager say?
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

talito

Postby talito » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:56 am

I scanned the Philharmonik directory alone and nothing came up in the rejected plugin window. So I checked again and noticed that the philharmonik.dll was located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins but not in the actual Philharmonik folder, so i copy/pasted it into there. Then scanned again and in the rejected plugin window it says that philharmonik is not a valid VST. the only thing i can think of is that maybe i somehow installed only the standalone version by mistake? i can't imagine that i did, but i guess ill try reinstalling.

Sonoacustico

Postby Sonoacustico » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:44 pm

Just as a side note and for you as a reference, I regularly use Miroslav Philharmonik within forte and it works fine. However, I once had an issue with Forte not recognicing Sonik Synth as a valid vst plugin on another computer (Plugin Manager said it was not a VST instrument) but cubase did see it. On the computer I use now I have no problems at all with IK multimedia plugins.
Cheers

Claudio

danmoct

Postby danmoct » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:25 am

Talito,

I was having a similar issue with the IK Multimedia plugins these past couple of weeks (forte says "Not a VST plugin". I tried doing everything that a lot of people on these forums had been suggesting to do (uninstall forte and re-install it, delete the plugin folders in brainspawn and rescan the folders, etc. etc.) and nothing was working either. The most frustrating thing about the whole situation was that when I was running the demo version, all of the plugins were working fine and when I bought the full version, everything went nuts.

Yesterday I tried re-installing all of my IK multimedia Virtual Instruments and then seeing if Brainspawn would recognize them, still nothing. Finally, I decided to completely uninstall Forte and re-install it again; this time Forte recognized the plugins. Have you tried re-installing forte 2? I think what fixed the issue for me was that i clicked on the box that says "Force Clean Install" during one of the series of installation options that Forte gives you. I don't know why this worked and manually clearing out the app data didn't, but for some reason it did.

danmoct

Postby danmoct » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:12 am

So the real solution to this problem seems to be to run the program as "admnistrator." Just right click on the forte icon and pick the selection that says "run as administrator."

Return to “Plugin Issues”