Remap MIDI channel for MultiTimral VSTi?

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

cleverr1

Remap MIDI channel for MultiTimral VSTi?

Postby cleverr1 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:59 am

Hi,
I'm currently evaluating Forte and I have a question; If I load a multi timral module, in my case Sampletank, would it be possible for a scene change to convert the incoming channel so that program 2 makes a scene that takes the midi input on whatever channel and converts it to channel 2?

I have found that changing the channel assignments in sampletank between scenes takes too long, and it seems inefficient to have to load an instance of sampletank for every patch I want to use it for.

Thanks,
Roger

MikeG

Re: Remap MIDI channel for MultiTimral VSTi?

Postby MikeG » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:30 am

Yes, see the MIDI tab on the instrument UI. This allows you to set up remapping, and this is per-scene.
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

cleverr1

Postby cleverr1 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:19 pm

Hi,
Thanks, that looks like it should work then.

So,it comes down to whether this can offer a reliable addition/alternative to the hardware that I currently use...

Are you in a postition to validate a live rig comprising Brainspawn Forte 2, NI B4 mkII, Sampletank 2.5, Zebra 2.5 running on a Windows XP 32 bit SP3 Lenovo T61 (2Gb 2.2 core2duo) with a Native Instruments Audio Control 1?

Thanks,
Roger

fab

Postby fab » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:40 am

there are surely too many configurations to test them all - i can tell you that with my t60, multiface, forte2, zebra 2.5, kontakt 3.5 and vb3 everything works wonderful...

cleverr1

Postby cleverr1 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:36 pm

I bought Forte and the setup has so far been stable through a couple of live rehearsals. It's so good to finally get to use VSTi sounds live.

I have one technical issue though. I'm using Miles'tone which does not respond to volume commands. So to workaround this I wanted to use a simple volume control effect and map CC7 to volume fader on such an effect. However, I can't find a way to do this in Forte. I'm currently using a Korg synth which responds directly to CC7, but is there no way for Forte itself to map a CC to a VST effect parameter?

Thanks.
Roger

Dirk Offringa

Postby Dirk Offringa » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:09 am

Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

Return to “Plugin Issues”