Forte 2.1 and Kontact 4 Player

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

csldp03

Forte 2.1 and Kontact 4 Player

Postby csldp03 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:17 am

I downloaded Kontact 4 Player because NI said Akoustik Piano and Elektrik Piano would behave better using it. I've found that to be true. The only issue I'm having is that Forte is not "remembering" the mute settings within Kontact 4 Player. In other words, I have K4P as a single module containing both AP and EP, set to different Midi Channels and I turned off the change per scene option. So in one scene I'll have AP muted in K4P, the next I want EP to be muted. I save both scenes and switch between them and the mute setting does not change. Thoughts? I really like K4P because I can load more than 8 presets for EP and I can switch presets using program change. Thanks!

Angel

Re: Forte 2.1 and Kontact 4 Player

Postby Angel » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:26 am

You turned off the change per scene option. Why? Probably to prevent K4P from reloading samples each time. So nothing inside K4P like mute of individual instruments is stored and changed during scene change. That's correct behavior of Forte.

Instead, as you already assigned different MIDI channels, mute the respective MIDI channels in the MIDI routings tabs of the module in different scenes as required. This is stored and recalled on scene change, even if you turned off the change per scene option for the plug-in data.

Angel

fab

Postby fab » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:11 pm

you can also use the "init" column in the CC list inside the midi tab to send a CC value on scene change. if you learn those CC in kontakt, you can mute your instruments from there, too. :)

Angel

Postby Angel » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:34 pm

Brilliant idea!
Angel

csldp03

Postby csldp03 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:54 am

Yeah, it was loading presets each time. I also figured those options out as a workaround. It would be nice if Forte just remembered it. That would be a lot simpler.

Return to “Plugin Issues”