B4 saves

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

lancaster6

B4 saves

Postby lancaster6 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:52 pm

can any1 tell me where forte 2.0 looks for the native instruments b4 II patches when it boots(file save location)? the stand alone version will boot properly with my edited saves. if i use a dxi rack, the edited b4 II settings are there. i want to use a vst rack, and i can't get it to load my edits, it always loads the default patches. it does load NI AK piano, and Elec piano patch edits properly, so i don't get the problem, unless it is a software bug.
thx for any advice,
L

MikeG

Re: B4 saves

Postby MikeG » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:17 am

Forte doesn't look for plugins' patches. It simply asks the plugins to enumerate patch names and can then ask a plugin to use a patch. Perhaps the plugin doesn't know where to find them because of the startup directory or something.

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

lancaster6

Postby lancaster6 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:35 pm

well thats what is maddening. the dxi loads my saved presets, but is unstable (using unsupported 64 bit, and the 64 beta doesn't work for me). the vst is way more stable, but i have to load the b4 file every time i start it. thx 4 the reply. i just wonder if any1 else using 64 bit with b4 II is having the same problem.

dbrendon

Postby dbrendon » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:25 pm

Hello,

I just experienced the same problem with the latest release of Forte 2 (I'm not at my system so I can't remember the exact release number). This used to work fine, so I think a bug must have been introduced at some point. I had not edited my B4 II patches for months, but last week just decided to modify one of the patches. After re-loading the rack I discovered that the new B4 II patch was not there. I tired numerous times to save and re-load, but to no avail. My work-around (since I needed the patch for the weekend) was to make a back-up of the "default" B4 patch file and replace it with my saved/exported patch file.

Regards,
- David

lancaster6

Postby lancaster6 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:25 pm

my workaround was to use the dxi version, but i've been informed it may not be supported for much longer. i tried your workaround with no success, i don't think i ever found the proper save location for the b4II "default". would you mind relaying that info to me (assuming it will be the same on all systems)?
thx,
other Dave

ya gotta love an 8 lb. B3!

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:35 am

What OS? B4 has had some issues related to user accounts on vista and w7. Perhaps not looking in the right users directory.
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

lancaster6

Postby lancaster6 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:15 pm

win 7 64

dbrendon

Postby dbrendon » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:46 pm

I think Mike is probably right since I recently moved to a new system running Win 7/64 bit (running Forte as 32 bit).

Dave, on my system the default presets file is in the Program Files x86 folder under Native Instruments/B4 II/Presets. The file is called def.b4a. I made a backup of that file, then I used B4 [SAVE] button to create .b4a file. I renamed that file to def.b4a and copied it into the Presets folder.

lancaster6

Postby lancaster6 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:46 pm

aha! the ole def.b4a hidden in the woods trick! i fall 4 that every time. i knew what to do, just not where to do it.
thx David, will try asap.

lancaster6

Postby lancaster6 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:14 pm

ok just an fyi to any1 else who might be having this problem.
when i originally did this a year ago, i had no need to use scenes, as i was using 1 keyboard. about 6 months ago, i added a 2nd i got into the scenes function. when i looked at the def.b4a patch, i had saved my personal presets there! yet they were not accessed when opening forte.....until, i updated the scene, then wala! thx to all for help with this issue.

Return to “Plugin Issues”