fort 2.0 crashes while changing scenes with NIAkusitik Piano

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

Juergen Koehler

fort 2.0 crashes while changing scenes with NIAkusitik Piano

Postby Juergen Koehler » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:04 am

I added NI Kontak, Akustik Piano & Elektrik Piano to my rack. Sometimes forte 2.0 crashes while changing scenes, when those PlugIns are still loading and I change scene again while loading.

I just sent the Error report via Email.

Thanks for help,
Juergen

MikeG

Re: fort 2.0 crashes while changing scenes with NIAkusitik Piano

Postby MikeG » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:18 am

Thanks for the report.

There's an option in the Scene commands tab to "disconnect" the plugin during scene changes. Can you try it with that option? Some plugins could be cranky about being messed with while "online"
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

Juergen Koehler

Re: fort 2.0 crashes while changing scenes with NIAkusitik Piano

Postby Juergen Koehler » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:57 am

Thank you! I set this flag to all 3 PlugIns and forte does not crash anymore while changing scenes.

What now sometimes happens are two things: 1.Wrong sounds on a scene (what is self-explaining, as the disconnected PlugIns do not have loaded the right sound), 2. after really stressing the rack by changing scenes again and again, some of those instruments keep silent (what is a common problem of Akustik Piano e.g.).

Anyway, this is fine for me, because my posted crash just happened by accidently pressing the scene change command (via MIDI-Controller) twice (what can easily happen on stage). I will not try this on stage on purpose :-)

Kind regards,
Juergen

Return to “Plugin Issues”