Antares Harmony Engine Evo 3.0

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

PlusPlus

Antares Harmony Engine Evo 3.0

Postby PlusPlus » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:30 pm

It appears that Forte 2.0.119 won't allow the Antares Harmony Engine Evo plug-in because it has five inputs? Here's the line from the log file when Forte scans the plug-in:

VST module "D:\Program Files\Vstplugins\Harmony Engine.dll" ignored because it has 5 inputs (requires 0, 1, or 2).

What does this mean?

PlusPlus

Re: Antares Harmony Engine Evo 3.0

Postby PlusPlus » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:50 am

You can download a trial version of this plug-in at http://www.antarestech.com/download/update.shtml.

I've tested Forte Producer Edition 2.0.119 and 2.0.120 with the same result.

My log file is attached.

Dirk Offringa

Postby Dirk Offringa » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:11 am

That means that Forte only supports plugins with 2 or less ins/outs. You could try to wrap it inside Energy XT VST, That's what I do in such a case and it works fine.

Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

PlusPlus

Postby PlusPlus » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:40 pm

How would I go about doing that?

fab

Postby fab » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:50 am

you can use the energy xt 2.5 .1 vst demo (www.energy-xt.com) and load this vst in forte. inside ext, you can load your plugins. you can even send sound in and out of eXT using dirk's excellent free aux bus plugins ( http://solidsoundstudio.net ), the sender inside eXT, the receiver directly in forte.

yamus

Postby yamus » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:35 pm

Mike,

Is there anything that can be done to make this plug in show up in forte? I'd really like to use it as well. Can you please take a look at it?

Thanks,

Mike

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:34 pm

I'll add it to the list to look at. Sounds like it has a strange input format. How would it react to only getting input on two channels (not all 5?)
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

hisdudeness

Postby hisdudeness » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:30 am

As far as I could see in the manual this software processes just a single channel of audio. So I don't understand why there are 5 input channels.

If this VSTI could be assigned in Forte as an effect for a single audio input I think most of us would be happy.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards
hisdudeness

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:27 pm

Please submit a support request to Antares and ask them about this 5 input thing.

I need either mono or stereo input and mono or stereo output.

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

hisdudeness

Postby hisdudeness » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:49 am

I have done so!

I will keep you all posted!

Just one question regarding the workaround with energyXT: To be able to save scenes with energyXT and Harmony Engine I need to purchase energyXT, right? Because whenever I save a test scene it comes back with a blank energyXT config after a restart of Forte.
Is it the XT rewire VST plugin what I need or do I need to have the full energyXT version?

Thanks a lot!

Regards
hisdudeness

hisdudeness

Re: Antares Harmony Engine - ANSWER from Antares Support

Postby hisdudeness » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:23 am

Dirk Offringa

Postby Dirk Offringa » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:09 am

Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

hisdudeness

Postby hisdudeness » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:37 am

Hi,

I checked out some other plugins of Antarestech.com and not all of their plugins use multiple audio outputs which make them unusable in Forte.

For example AVOX Duo and AVOX Choir are using just a stereo output so they are working well in Forte!

These plugins don't give you as much individual options/voices as Harmony but they might be worth a try!

Best regards
hisdudeness

Return to “Plugin Issues”