Wave Arts Trackplug 4

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

boxerdad

Wave Arts Trackplug 4

Postby boxerdad » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:46 pm

Is anyone running Wave Arts Trackplug 4.0 with Forte? I've used it with both 1.96 and 2.0 and have encountered stability problems both times. I load 1 instance each into my 5 bus's and used some compression and EQ. In all cases, I encountered lock-ups when switching between scenes. Forte just hangs and I have to use task manager to shut it down. Sometimes I have to totally reboot to get Forte to behave again. I've tried this in WIn XP Pro SP3 and Vista (Win 7 RC). I would discount the Win 7 experience and chalk it up to an issue with Win 7 not being a real product yet except that the symptoms are identical to those encountered in XP Pro. When I remove all instances of Trackplug 4 from my rack, the instability stops. Has anyone experienced similar results with Trackplug 4 ? :(

boxerdad

Re: Wave Arts Trackplug 4 - issue solved??

Postby boxerdad » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:11 am

FWIW. it appears that running 5, 6, or 7 different output busses - essentially 1 bus per instrument - is NOT the thing to do. I started this practice when I first bought and was learning how to use Forte. This habit of using so many output busses was a carry over from those days. Anyhow, in experimenting and trying to solve not ony the Trackplug stability issue, but other stability issues as well, I discovered that using only two output busses (1 bus for output to my Leslie and the other bus for everything else) has made most of my stability issues go away entirely . . . :?: :oops:

dburns

Re: Wave Arts Trackplug 4

Postby dburns » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:38 pm

Kinda like talking to yourself, eh? :)

I use Finalplug 5, Masterverb 5 and TP5, but not as many instances as you. And I use only one main output bus. Maybe these factors are why I've never had a crash casused by Wavearts plugs.

Maybe you could try the demos of the version 5 plugs in the old rack and see if it still crashes?
Dave Burns
Lowell, MA USA

Dirk Offringa

Re: Wave Arts Trackplug 4 - issue solved??

Postby Dirk Offringa » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:38 am

Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

Return to “Plugin Issues”