issues with forte, line 6 toneport and Studio Devil

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

Goblinking

issues with forte, line 6 toneport and Studio Devil

Postby Goblinking » Tue May 19, 2009 9:00 am

Hello all,

I'm a gigging bassist and I use my laptop as my bass amp.

My rig goes like this. - i/o - Toneport ux2 (old one).

Midi controller - Pod xt Live (footboard)

Vst Host - Brainspawne Forte

Main Vst - Studio Devil.

Basically I plug into and out of the toneport, use the pod xt live as a footboard and use Forte as a VST host, I use Studio Devil as a primary Bass Amp (with lots of other vst's to taste). I investigated this model, using Demo's and cracked software (I know, naughty, naughty) on my old (single core) Laptop and after much studio use/testing decided to fork out for legitimate everything (including a new dual core laptop).

Now my problem ) is that the Toneport now "drops out" or becomes invisible to forte mid session (causing Forte to crash) Studio devil also asks you to re-register mid session too.

Do any of you know why this may be happening? I'm due out on the road on Thursday and this is a real ball ache.
To confirm I am now using No Cracks or illegal software.
Cheers

Goblinking

Re: issues with forte, line 6 toneport and Studio Devil

Postby Goblinking » Wed May 20, 2009 5:23 am

Hello again.

It would appear that I have resolved my issues by increasing the ASIO buffer size. This has made the forte/toneport relationship much more stable without increasing latency.

I would like to take this point to point out that forte was the ONLY vst host/amp sim to allow tap-tempo control to VST's (including third party), very useful when improvising.

Cheers

Dirk Offringa

Re: issues with forte, line 6 toneport and Studio Devil

Postby Dirk Offringa » Wed May 20, 2009 6:21 am

Hi

Glad to hear your issue is solved. Would you mind sharing with us what the exact settings were involved in this particular problem?

Thanks!
Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

Return to “Plugin Issues”