Urgent - gig tonight - Reaktor in 2.0 is not sounding

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

robert_e_bone

Urgent - gig tonight - Reaktor in 2.0 is not sounding

Postby robert_e_bone » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:54 pm

Hi. I updgraded to Forte 2.0 yesterday due to trying to correct some issues with 1.6 where anytime inputs for GR2 were selected it would spike the meters and all instrument sounds were jacked up.

Anyways, I had a gig last night (and have one in 4 hours tonight) and in the middle of a set I realized that the presets for my Reaktor sounds were showing both midi and audio activity, but no sound was being produced.

I have to figure this out real quick for my performance this evening, so if anyone has a clue on what I can look for please please please reply.

Bob Bone

Dirk Offringa

Re: Urgent - gig tonight - Reaktor in 2.0 is not sounding

Postby Dirk Offringa » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:11 pm

Did you do some sort of midi-port remapping when importing your 1.6 rackfile? Can you monitor this midi activity (use MidiOx)?

(I'm sorry, I'm afraid I will not be able to help you all the way to the solution, it's over midnight here and I've been hard working since this morning 8.00AM..... so it'll be a shower and a good nights sleep verry very soon now!)

Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

robert_e_bone

Postby robert_e_bone » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:51 am

Thanks - just back from the gig. It turned out that the sets did not cause me to need the sounds that weren't playing from my imported 1.6 rack in 2.0 - so I just left all in 2.0 mode and was fine.

The weird thing is that I see the midi activity and sound levels when I look at Reaktor in its console view, and it is assigned to bus 1 - the main bus, it's just that no sound comes out.

I'll look at it some more Sunday and Monday. I don't gig again until next Friday.

I am off to sleep now.

Bob Bone

robert_e_bone

Postby robert_e_bone » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:22 am

I still have not figured out why my 1.6 rack import to 2.0 has issues with Reaktor sound output. There is indeed midi activity and sound generated -it's just not coming out. All other imported presets work wonderfully.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Dirk Offringa

Postby Dirk Offringa » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:33 am

It's not coming out of what/where? Did you try to insert a plugin after Reactor in the insertchain that can visualise sound? Anything that has a VuMeter? (FreeG from Sonalksis, it's free (and useful) for instance? Do you see audio activity in there?

Dirk

robert_e_bone

Postby robert_e_bone » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:54 am

I will set up and start up my rig in the next 15-20 minutes and provide as much obxervational detail as possible. What I meant to explain earlier is that I see midi activity for the preset I use that uses Reaktor, and if I open up the console for Reaktor I can see it is generating audio levels on its meters, it's just as though something is blocking it between there and bus1 - the main bus, as there is no sound heard from the main outs. Again, all other presets are working just fine, and there was absolutely nothing special about the Reaktor preset - no alternate mappings or other tweaks whatsoever.

I will follow up in about 20 minutes with any other detail I can gleen from looking at it again with my rig up and running.

THANKS!

Dirk Offringa

Postby Dirk Offringa » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:21 am

robert_e_bone

Postby robert_e_bone » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:07 pm

OK - Here goes:

1. There is midi activity seen on the rack display panel when I press notes for the Reaktor preset in question.
2. There is audio output genereated and visible by looking at the VU meters when I expand the Reaktor console.
3. There is no indication on the Forte main rack display screen of any audio levels generated when I am triggering sounds for the Reaktor preset.

When I created a new test rack in Forte 2.0 using Reaktor, it sounded just fine and had no discernable issues. (This was just to test the module within Forte 2.0).

I am happy to try to track down any and all additional information - please let me know what else I can do that goes beyond what I indicate above.

Bob Bone

robert_e_bone

Postby robert_e_bone » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:12 pm

I did an additional test of adding a new instance of Reaktor 5, and it sounds fine. It appears to be someting in the import process from the 1.6 rack into 2.0 - from what I can see.

I am going to preserve the rack in question, and save it off as as new rack where I can try to replace the existing non-functional preset with a new instance of Reaktor and see if all is well.

I am happy to contribute anything I can to help discover why something in the import process appears to be going sideways.

Bob Bone

Dirk Offringa

Postby Dirk Offringa » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:57 pm

You didn't answer the two essential questions I asked to help understanding the problem:

1: when you migrated from 1.6 to 2.0, did you do some sort of remapping via the new Hardware Profile Wizard
2: Is there no sound coming OUT of reaktor, or is there no sound coming IN to the main bus, or is there sound coming IN the main bus but not OUT to the drivers (check with a plugin that has VU meters)

Dirk

robert_e_bone

Postby robert_e_bone » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:11 am

I will try to clear that up.

There IS midi activity for the Reaktor preset - the midi activity display button on the rack display shows midi activity occurring to match when I strike keys on my controller.

There IS audio output from Reaktor generated, as evidenced by the Reaktor audio meter showing audio output.

There is NO sign of any audio making it to the main bus - there is NO audio activity showing up on the Forte meters on the rack display page.

I did NO remapping of anything whatsoever in the import process from 1.6 to 2.0

I hope the above helps.

Bob Bone

Return to “Plugin Issues”