Forte 2 Performer and Aux 1 Bus send receive problem

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

Johan Velthuis

Forte 2 Performer and Aux 1 Bus send receive problem

Postby Johan Velthuis » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:27 pm

Hello Mike,

Congratulations with releasing the 2.0 version. I upgraded this morning and trying some things out.
I use Dirk's Aux bus send receive plugin, but as soon as I put it in the insert chain the audio gets distorted (even with no other plugins attached to it.
Also when I insert a SpinAudio Roomverb of a Guitar Rig 2 to an instrument, the audio gets distorted right away (I do hear some reverb though).
I've tried higher buffersizes, but that doesnt help. I also tried changing the ASIOPrefferedBufferSize and some others, but that didn't help either (looked like old version work-around, but I tried anyway).
When I do the same thing in version 1.6 (which still works) I don't have distorted audio.

My setup is a Acer Ferrari Laptop AMD dualcore with a Behringer FC202 audiocard with a special firewire driver from Centrance (which is great, by the way for lower latencies). I use a RD700sx stage piano from roland with an usb midi driver for midi input.
Do I need to send you some log file for viewing

Best regards
Johan Velthuis

Dirk Offringa

Re: Forte 2 Performer and Aux 1 Bus send receive problem

Postby Dirk Offringa » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:35 pm

Hi Johan

What latency are you running your card at?

What do you mean exactly by "a SpinAudio Roomverb of a Guitar Rig 2 to an instrument"?

Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

Johan Velthuis

Postby Johan Velthuis » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Hello Dirk,

I'm using 88 samples x 3 buffers (that I also use in the 1.6.96 version live for over a year now).

The other line was a typo: I meant that when I try the SpinAudio Roomverb or a Guitar Rig 3 plugin as an insert to a vst instrument it has the same type of audio distortion.

Regards Johan

Dirk Offringa

Postby Dirk Offringa » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:34 pm

I suggest you try standard sized buffers eg. 64 or 128 samples, and report back how that goes.

Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

Return to “Plugin Issues”