Akoustik Piano

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

csldp03

Akoustik Piano

Postby csldp03 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:42 pm

I am using a 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo Mac Book, XP Pro SP3 on Boot Camp stripped bare, FireWire 410, Forte 2.0 and have all the latest drivers. When I add Native Inst. Akoustik Piano, the buses spike intermittently (pop and click even when I am not playing) and more so when I am playing with layers of other plugins. If I take Akoustik Piano out, the severity is reduced unless I'm really pushing it. I did not have these issues with Forte 1.6. Any thoughts? Thanks!

MikeG

Re: Akoustik Piano

Postby MikeG » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:56 am

There's a small change in the ASIO code that might affect effective buffer sizes in 2.0 (fixes a bug). Try increasing buffer size in 2.0 and see if it makes a difference. Otherwise there's very little change in the streaming code.
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

Dirk Offringa

Postby Dirk Offringa » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:54 pm

I have the same thing when adding Ik Multimedia Ampeg SVX. I had to remove it from my rack, it was either SVX or Voxengo's Pristine Space, I had to make a choice: Pristine Space being the main reverb unit, I told my bassplayer to bring a hardware preamp..... It's not a major issue for me, but if other people experience this as well....... I though my computer perhaps needed an upgrade (SVX is rather heavy on the CPU, and made my rack running at an average of 70%, I think that's on the high side).

Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

csldp03

Postby csldp03 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:07 pm

Upping the buffer size seems to have done the trick. I won't be able to test the full rig until Saturday, but I'll let you know if there are still issues. Thanks!

burgvogt

Postby burgvogt » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:47 pm

I am having trouble with Akoustik Piano too. It loads properly right from the start and can be used, but when changing scenes from a different instrument, say a B4, it suddenly quits, obviously losing its connection to the Asio driver. Hitting a key results in a plop, and that's it. I can change scenes, all other plug-ins work properly, but Akoustik refuses to do anything. I had to delete it from the rack and am using The Grand (Steinberg) now, which annoys me because I paid a lot of money for nothing. It cannot be an issue with the buffer, else it would not work at all. I even increased the number of buffers from 2 to 3, thus getting a slightly higher latency of 9.something instead of 7.8, but to no avail. It can' be the computer as It's a dual core with 4GB on vista, which is otherwise very stable. It can't be the HD, or else The Grand wouldn't work, which is also on disk streaming. Any ideas what I might do? Any one having similar probs?
Ed.: I tried "do not use per-scene configuration data" in the Scene commands, same result.

marc79

Postby marc79 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:30 am

Hi,

I'm also having troubles with Akoustik Piano. It worked previously but now Forte crashes everytime I run akoustik piano. I changed the path to akoustik library a few weeks ago that's why I thought it didn't work.
Today I re-installed Akoustik piano and Forte 2.0 but it still doesn't work.
Has anyone a suggestion?
Thanks

PC 1,73Ghz duocore
2G RAM
vista
EMU 0404

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:08 pm

I see NI doesn't have a demo version.

You might try the forte build 2.0.119 public beta at http://www.brainspawn.com/index.php?opt ... &Itemid=83

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

MartiBlartFast

Postby MartiBlartFast » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:52 pm

I'm having a very similar problem with AP as burgvogt, except it only seems to affect me when I change scenes with some keys still down and AP decaying.
I get a "plop" sound and have to quit Forte and reload (sometimes that's not enough and i have to reboot).

Martin

hisdudeness

Postby hisdudeness » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:18 pm

Thanks guys! This (setting the buffers to a higher value) saved my problem as well!

I had especially Akoustik Piano and Elektrik Piano showing up with the problem after a scene change that you just heard a very low buzz tone when playing. On the last gig it also happened with the B4 - and in the middle of a track while playing. That was horrible!
Previously I thought that was due to a VST I'm using called MP3play. But here I wasn't able to make any connection between this plugin and the issue.
Then I read this here and changed the buffer size from AUTO to 4 which increases the latency in my Forte system from 10 to 20ms. I can still play fine with this setting. I also tried 3 buffers but then I had EP crashing when changing scenes quite fast.

Just in case that anybody has this issue related with NI products as well.

Best regards
hisdudeness

busybox

Postby busybox » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:22 pm

I'm refreshing this old thread since I can't get NI Akoustik Piano to launch at all. (Just emailed crash dump). It used to work fine in forte 1. In f2 Producer Edition, I get a crash the instant I click on the graphic for "Concert Grand D" to load its samples. This is a big deal for me, since this is _the_ piano I use for live gigs. I know Ni has officially discontinued it, but I want to keep using it as long as I can. Migration is always painful.

Any assistance or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

- Steve

hisdudeness

Postby hisdudeness » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:40 am

Have you alreadyt tried to use Kontakt (player) for playing the NI AP library?

I'm doing this with the Kontakt Player for several weeks now since I changed my soundcard and had from that point on problems with the sound quality of the NI AP. Using Kontakt player for using the AP library solved my problems AND loads way faster the samples!

Now I've changed also NI EP to use with the Kontakt player.

Best regards
hisdudeness

busybox

Postby busybox » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:38 pm

Thanks dude.. no I have not tried using the Kontakt player for AP samples yet. I'll check that out. The original NI EP and B4 still work fine for me in forte.

Just curious- what soundcards did you have audio problems with that were resolved once you started using the Konakt player?

Thanks,

- Steve

hisdudeness

Postby hisdudeness » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:23 pm

It is the EMU 1616m with the cardbus interface. I wouldn't have expected that issue but now it runs fine!

Best regards
hisdudeness

Return to “Plugin Issues”