Big Tick Rhino 2

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

HotDogWater

Big Tick Rhino 2

Postby HotDogWater » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:26 am

I'm having some trouble with inside of Forte. When I create a new scene based on the sound I've created, then come back to the scene, I get a completely different sound. Saving the sound as a preset within Rhino, and then sending a Program Change to call up that preset when switching to the scene does seem to work.

fab

Re: Big Tick Rhino 2

Postby fab » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:16 pm

sorry about a simple question: have you done scene update before switching scenes? also, have you removed any program changes from the scene? (be careful, there mith be one in the scene tab prom a previous scene).

HotDogWater

Postby HotDogWater » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:33 pm

I am pretty sure I updated the scene after making changes. And I know there were no program changes. Rhino was the first VSTi that I added a PC to, since the scene change didn't quite seem to capture it. But I'll double check later on. Is Rhino known to work with scenes in forte?

Dirk Offringa

Postby Dirk Offringa » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:26 am

The upcoming forte release has some new options that are designed to fix this sort of problems.... we might as well wait a bit, until release, before trying to debug this one.
I'm willing to give it a try, but only if the demo allows for saving (eg a time-limited demo). Do you know in what ways the demo is limited?

Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

HotDogWater

Postby HotDogWater » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:53 pm

It turned out to be user error. For this scene, I had to switch presets on my Axiom 61 so that different portions of the keyboard could be mapped to the same instance of Rhino with some octave translations. Turns out the Axiom was sending a PC message and I hadn't set the instrument up ignore MIDI PC messages in this scene. So much power = so many ways to botch the configuration up :P

The other post I made about Freeamp still has me baffled, though. I'll check if there's an updated version of the plug, or perhaps I can send it a PC from the scene rather than sending the "blob."

Thanks

EDIT: PS: Very much looking forward to the new version. Sounds like there's going to be some very cool things in there. I hope it's on the verge of release!

Return to “Plugin Issues”