Forte doesn't recognize Synthogy Ivory dll

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

marc79

Postby marc79 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:53 am

Hi I bought Forte Ensemble last year and I must say it works pretty well with my plugs (Akoustik piano, B4, etc...).
I recently got Synthogy Ivory grand pianos and each time I run Forte, Ivory dll doesn't appear in the plug list. I placed the Ivory dll in my folder Steinberg\Vst plugins and I don't understand why Forte recognize almost every vsti except Ivory. It works with Vstack but this host is too heavy.
Please help me it took me a lot of time to install Ivory, I'd really like to hear it with my favourite host...

Dirk Offringa

Re: Forte doesn't recognize Synthogy Ivory dll

Postby Dirk Offringa » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:48 am

Hi

If the plugin has more than 2in's/out's, and the additional ports are enabled by default, it will not be accepted by forte and will end up in the "bad plugin list". I went to the site (looks like that is great stuff, btw) but couldn't gather any info on that.

If that's not the case, and reprofiling doesn't fix it, then there is a problem that needs to be investigated.

Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

marc79

Postby marc79 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:55 am

thanks Dirk I already checked the bad plugin list, ivory is not mentioned.
I'm gonna try to re-profile Forte and will let u know if that works. Nevertheless if someone else has an idea about that issue I'd appreciate any comments.

Marc79

sosKeys

Postby sosKeys » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:24 am

not much to contribute about solving the problem, but I have used Ivory in Forte for quite awhile with few issues... there was a problem that was addressed with an Ivory update, but that was some time ago. Make sure you are running the latest version....

-andy

marc79

Postby marc79 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:17 am

Thanks Andy, I've got the last update. Thanks anyway

marc79

Postby marc79 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:32 am

Hopefully I re-installed forte yesterday and Ivory.dll was accepted. No problem now ! I cheked out in "vst.ini", apparently forte had skipped ivory the first time. That's why Ivory didn't work with forte in my case. now it works great with a low cpu... I'm not especially promoting forte but it's really lighter than Vstack and Cubase if you just wanna use Ivory as a standlone application.
:D

Dirk Offringa

Postby Dirk Offringa » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:15 pm

Great, good news! I think however that you could have saved yourself the hassle of reinstalling, just deleting the plugin from the "skipped plugins" list and reprofiling would probably have fixed it.

Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

Return to “Plugin Issues”