Eastwest Goliath plugin crash

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

gila

Eastwest Goliath plugin crash

Postby gila » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:55 pm

How can Iget Goliath from eastwest to run. It is a vst plugin and it just keeps crashing Forte and then restarts. Sometimes it loads up and will crash when I open a file. I know it can work, but is very unstable to the point of useless.
Any body have this problem? Can anybody help?

mikefkeys

Re: Eastwest Goliath plugin crash

Postby mikefkeys » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:39 pm

I recently got EastWest Goliath and RA with the latest version of Play (downloaded the updates) and I have had no success getting it to run within Forte. I can add it to my rack, but unless I move the Play module to the top position in a rack, the Play screen won't paint when I try to open the module (won't work at all at the bottom spot in a rack). Then, after saving a rack file with 'Play' present - the rack file will no longer load - it will hang on the "Building Mixer" step saying - Loading Instrument "Play". It hangs so miserably that I have to reboot my PC to get rid of the dead window (task manager won't touch it...)

My impression is that this new "Play" plugin may have a ways to go before it's ready for prime-time - it's fairly new. It's really a shame to me because the EastWest libraries are simply fantastic and I'd love to use them live, but for now they have to be shelved. I can use the Play module in its stand-alone mode, but unfortunately that's only useful for checking out all of the amazing sounds I can't use...

mikefkeys

Postby mikefkeys » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:19 pm

FYI- I opened a support ticket with EastWest on Forte compatibility with PLAY. They responded and gently reminded me that Forte is currently not on the supported hosts list (my bad), but they were going to contact BrainSpawn for a copy of Forte and have their QA team look into it for future support. While this isn't a guarantee, I'll remain optimistic.

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:47 am

They have contacted me. I've sent them a crash report I received, so hopefully we have an open channel of communication started.

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

Return to “Plugin Issues”