Guitar Rig 3 slows scene changes

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

Mark Kelly

Guitar Rig 3 slows scene changes

Postby Mark Kelly » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:51 am

Has anyone else noticed the slowing effect GR3 has on scene changes? I replaced GR2 with GR3 and my scene changes are now all taking 1 sec approx whereas without GR3 or with GR2 in the same effect inserts on the buses the scene changes are much faster. I love to know if anyone has found a way to avoid this. I tried making the blob info the same in adjacent scenes using the rack editor but it makes no difference.

cheers

Mark

fab

Re: Guitar Rig 3 slows scene changes

Postby fab » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:16 am

i have this problem with some aas synths - my workaround is excluding them from scene change and using program change instead.

of course, this makes saving changes by a simple scene update impossible. preset management by PC is rater cumbersome. that is one of the reasons why i am checking out zebra2 at the moment.

for tassman 4 the issue was resolved in an update, unfortunately not for the other aas instruments i use. so it should be possible for NI to solve this, if they feel like it...

fab

Mark Kelly

Postby Mark Kelly » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:28 am

Unfortunately, I don't think you can do what you suggest with GR3. I already do this with Halion 3 and it's a good workaround.

Unfortunately again, NI are by far the least responsive to their customers out of all the software companies I have dealt with...so I wouldn't hold my breath on that happening anytime soon

cheers

Mark

fab

Postby fab » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:02 am

have you checked out the scarbee vkfx ?

it is an amp sim (fenderish) with a bunch of pedal effects - it works a treat in forte and sounds very good in my ears (it was done by the developer of simulanalog guitar suite and amplitube). less variety than GR, but still very useful.

www.scarbee.com/products/vkfx/index.php

not cheap, but there is a fair priced bundle if you are interested in top notch classic keyboard samples. no dongle.

fab

Return to “Plugin Issues”