Should I by the Hypersonic 2 ?

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

Is the Hypersonic 2 a good product in Forte?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:23 am

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 3

spinoria

Should I by the Hypersonic 2 ?

Postby spinoria » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:59 am

Hi !

I have been testing a cracked Hypersonic 2 for a while now and I really like this VST-plugin. But....

I can see in the forums that some people seems to have problems with the Hypersonic 2.

For me it crashes forte every now and then but I guess I deserve that since I have not paid for the Hypersonic.
Error messages I get is often ACCESS_VIOLATION and Stack walked failed.

My big question is: If I buy the product do you think it will work in Forte?

xuanvu

Postby xuanvu » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:22 pm

Buy the DirectiXer wrapper and use the wrapped version of Hypersonic in Forte, it won't crash Forte like the VSTi version... After I bought DirectiXer, Forte only crash couple times for over 6 months already.

XV.

spinoria

What is the DirectiXer ?

Postby spinoria » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:40 pm

Can you explain what this is and what it cost.

Is this different from using the Hypersonic as a DirectX "plugin"?

Angel

Postby Angel » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:38 pm

My opinion is: Yes, but ...:

- HS2 is a very fine bread and butter workstation with nice synth effects. I really like it!
- Up to now I use HS1 in almost every song. I'm going to HS2 while building my new rack with Forte 1.6.96 on my new laptop. I have bought the update since months, but I still stick with HS1 in Forte 1.5.85, which is a very stable combination. And its stability and reliability what matters in front of 1000 fans.
- I have some issues on using the HS2 VSTi with recalling its sounds in the scenes, but the DXi seems to work fine, despite some popping noise on scene change while notes are hold.
- It seems that support for HS2 by Steinberg is dead. I'm not expecting any updates. Check the Steinberg forum.
- There is a freindly bug: The 2nd instance of HS2 you load will show all hypermodules for free. Especially the Ultrasynth US-1 is nice. The GP-1 piano is average workstation level, and the NB3 organ is OK.
- Yes, you will like it but prepare to test and check what configuration works best for you.
- I'm excited on building my new rack with HS2. I do not regret the purchase.

Regards
Angel

xuanvu

Postby xuanvu » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:59 pm

I have problem even with the DXi version from HS2; but after I wrapped the VSTi version of HS2 with DirectiXer, and use that version instead, HS2 becomes very stable.

Here is the DirextiXer website: http://tonewise.com/

I think it now costs $44. For a stable gig, $44 is pretty cheap in my opinion... Most of the songs on my gig are created with HS2, about 95%, so it's VERY important to have HS2 run stable :)

Kenny.

spinoria

I'm not sure

Postby spinoria » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:37 am

xuanvu

Postby xuanvu » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:29 pm

spinoria

What is the latest version of Hypersonic 2 ?

Postby spinoria » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:52 pm

xuanvu

Postby xuanvu » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:42 pm

Return to “Plugin Issues”