blue cat remote implementation

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

lancaster6

blue cat remote implementation

Postby lancaster6 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:23 pm

i have the demo version if blue cat remote, and i'm trying to follow the directions (posted on the new forum) which seem very complete except for the very first step. are you supposed to add blue cat remote as an instrument? i can see blue cat remote 64 on the find vsts page, but when i click add instrument, blue cat is not available to add. maybe because it's a demo version?, or am i doing something wrong?
thx,
L

evilantal

Re: blue cat remote implementation

Postby evilantal » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:57 am

Yes, you add it as an instrument module and enable it's VMI output.
It should be available to choose from forte's plugin list
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

lancaster6

Postby lancaster6 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:21 pm

evilantal, when you get a chance, would you please check to see if; when you click on + instrument, blue cat is an available choice. it is not for me. i have now bought the bluecat software, rescanned vst plugins successfully (bluecat remote control 8, 16 and 64 show in the scan window), and the instrument is still not available as a choice. i tried 2 versions of forte, and am now using the newest, no love.
thx,
L

evilantal

Postby evilantal » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:20 am

I'm 99% certain that that's the way I did it. Been a while, though...

I don't have the plugin installed anymore (nor do I own it anymore). But if I have some free time I'll try it out with the demo version. That'll be after the weekend at the earliest, though.

If liveplayer reads this, he can tell you exactly how it's done in his real-life working rack implementation. Maybe shoot him a PM?
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

DarkKman

Postby DarkKman » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:42 pm

I know this is something close to a dead thread (by age only) but I use Blue Cat Remote by adding as an insert to a Bus. Not sure if this is the "correct" method but I guess it doesn't really matter as you just want to feed into it via its VMI (when activated). Works a treat (just a shame it' such a small GUI - I'm sure I could edit this but it works for me)!

Return to “Plugin Issues”