iZotope's Nectar 2 Production Suite

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

KeytarPaul

iZotope's Nectar 2 Production Suite

Postby KeytarPaul » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:41 am

I hope to use this plugin live with a wireless mic through a usb mixer but I am not sure it will work with Forte 4. I am not sure how to route the audio input into Forte. Is Audio input specific to the vst used?

xpansion

Re: iZotope's Nectar 2 Production Suite

Postby xpansion » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:12 pm

Paul,

There are a couple of ways to approach this, however the approach I use with my wireless headset through a usb mixer is as follows.

• Add a Brainspawn "audio input' instrument module to your rack.
  • Assign the appropriate input/channel from your usb mixer for your audio input module
  • Add Nectar as an insert effect on that audio input channel
  • Assign the output of the module to the bus you want

I use this same approach for a vocoder I run out of Forte 4 with a wireless headset mic via a Behringer XR18 mixer and it works great!

X

KeytarPaul

Postby KeytarPaul » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:51 am

Thank you for the suggestion - I got the module and plugin to load - now if I could just get asio4all to work without this constant clicking sound in Kontakt 5 no matter what buffer setting I use.

I was using WASAPI without any problem but it doesn't pass the input from either of my small Behringer usb I/Os (UCA202 or Q802). ASIO4ALL is the only driver Behringer recommends. I can't get the KS selection to work at all.

KeytarPaul

Postby KeytarPaul » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:46 am

Update on driver problem - I found the BEHRINGER USB AUDIO Driver Win64 2.8.40 in Google - It works very well for the Q802.

Now if I could just accomplish the reason I am testing Nectar 2 Production Suite for purchase before the 10 day Demo mode runs out -
TRIGGERING HARMONIES WITH MIDI ROUTED NOTES LIVE !!!

I have put in a pre-purchase support request 2 days ago - no reply.

I don't see this as a Forte problem as Kontakt 5 has no problem responding to Midi Input.

Does anyone have any suggestion?

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:45 pm

I have put in a pre-purchase support request 2 days ago - no reply.

Was this a Brainspawn support request or was it to the plugin vendor?

If it was Brainspawn, can you tell me what name or email it might have come in on? Forum names and support tickets don't correlate well.
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

KeytarPaul

Postby KeytarPaul » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:19 am

Sorry for the late reply - It was a request to the plugin vender - they came back saying Nector 2 was not compatible with Forte - no explanation why.

That's alright - I found another Harmonizer that's a 3rd of the price that DOES work with Forte and respond to midi input/control.

Cheeers!

beatlab

Postby beatlab » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:01 am

KeytarPaul wrote: I found another Harmonizer that's a 3rd of the price that DOES work with Forte and respond to midi input/control.

Cheeers!

What Harmonizer is that? Thanks for a short info
Forte 4 64bit - Win 10 Pro |Asrock Desk Mini | i7 6700 | 32GB DDR4 | 512Gb SSD NVME Samsung Pro| RME-Babyface - Halion 5, REFX Nexus, UVI Falcon, Sampletank 3, Native B4, Vengeance Avenger

Return to “Plugin Issues”