Brainspawn is the creator of the Forte™ line of live performance software products. The company focuses on optimizing the live performance experience of musicians at all skill levels, offering a growth path from novice to seasoned professional. Brainspawn products are Windows-based and provide an affordable solution for PC users – all backed by world-class service and support.
Brainspawn is incorporated in the United States (Texas).
13121 Louetta Road #1480
Cypress, TX 77429-5155
This address is only for administrative purposes. The best way to reach us is via the support form at http://www.brainspawn.com/support/
History & Philosophy
Brainspawn was founded in 1998 to publish a series of DirectX audio plugins, including a spectrum analyzer and other test-oriented plugins. In 2002, the company introduced Forte™ 1.0 as the world’s first audio application designed specifically for live performance of virtual instruments (VST plugins). Over the years, Forte™ users have grown to include touring rock bands, TV and film score composers, Broadway shows, circuses, and classrooms. Brainspawn has progressed by learning from customers and striving to make forte™ the trusted choice for live performance.
A Short history of Forte
- March 25, 2003: Forte 1 Public Beta
- April 16, 2003: Forte 1 Released (called Ensemble and Quartet)
- March 1, 2004: Forte 1.4 Released
- April 5, 2005: Forte 1.5 Released – Set Lists/Songs
- March 8, 2006: EHCo Released
- July 14, 2006: Forte 1.6 Released – Rack Editor
- January 27, 2009: Forte 2 Released – Control Surface support
- March 28, 2012: Forte 3 Released – 64 bit, multi-output VSTs
- December 1, 2014: Forte 4 Released